We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Friday the 13th Interview with Tabitha Shay

Tabitha - Thank you so much for interviewing with us today. I am so excited about this! :)

TY. I LOVE INTERVIEWS. THEY ARE SUCH FUN.

TW - I would love to know what got you started in writing. Each author's story is so heartwarming and inspiring.

MY FIRST INSPIRATION TO WRITE CAME FROM AN OLD MARTY ROBBINS WESTERN BALLAD, BIG IRON, WHEN I WAS FIFTEEN. I LOVED THAT SONG AND COULD JUST SEE A STORY IN MY MIND TO GO WITH THE WORDS. I WROTE IT IN STUDY HALL, ENGLISH CLASS, ANYWHERE I COULD FIND A MINUTE OF TIME. I DRAFTED AN ENTIRE MANUSCRIPT. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT A FIFTEEN YEAR COULD DO TO A STORY...(GIGGLES)

TW - I've fallen under your spell and I need to know, which of your Witch's books was your favorite, and why?

LOL...BOY AM I GLAD YOU'VE FALLEN UNDER MY SPELL AND THAT IS A DIFFICULT QUESTION SINCE THERE ARE STILL NINE MORE BOOKS TO WRITE IN THE TWELVE BOOK SERIES. RIGHT NOW, I'D HAVE TO SAY WITCH'S HEART, BOOK TWO IS MY FAVORITE, BUT I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE ALL FINISHED, IT WILL BE BOOK SIX, WITCH'S TOUCH THAT WINS MY HEART.

TW - You also write under the name Jaydyn Chelcee. This side of you writes contemporary western romance. I have to ask, how in the world do you go from the world of witches to western romance?

ACTUALLY, I WENT FROM THE WORLD OF WESTERN ROMANCES TO THE WITCH WORLD. I'D ALWAYS WRITTEN WESTERN ROMANCES, STARTING AT AGE FIFTEEN...I STUMBLED INTO THE WITCH WORLD BY ACCIDENT, AGAIN, THE IDEA CAME FROM A SONG...WITCHY WOMAN BY THE EAGLES WAS MY INSPIRATION FOR WITCH'S BREW.

TW - So what can you tell us about upcoming releases? You know we all want to know!

THIS YEAR I HAVE THREE NEW RELEASES COMING OUT...WITCH'S MAGIC AND WITCH'S FIRE, BOOKS FOUR AND FIVE IN THE SERIES AND THEN I HAVE TOO CLOSE TO THE FIRE, BOOK THREE IN THE NEXT JAYDYN CHELCEE WESTERN ROMANCE FROM THE MONTANA MEN SERIES.

TW - OK, you are stranded on an island and you can take two authors work with you, whose would it be and why?

CHRISTINE FEEHAN...WHO CAN RESIST SEXY, HANDSOME VAMPIRES? AND KAREN MARIE MONING, LOVE, LOVE LOVE HER HIGHLANDER SERIES.

TW - And last but not least my dear Tabs, is there anything that you would say to aspiring authors? (You know we all secretly want to be like you!

AW, THAT'S SWEET...MY ADVICE, DON'T LET ANYONE DISCOURAGE YOU FROM WANTING TO BE AN AUTHOR IF THAT'S YOUR DREAM. READ ALL GENRES AND WRITE SOMETHING EVERYDAY, IF ONLY A FEW LINES.

TW - Thank you so much Tabs, it's been great having you here with us today, please say you will come back sometime and guest blog with us in the future.

:) OOH, I'D LOVE TO AND THANK YOU FOR INVITING ME TO BE YOUR GUEST TODAY.












1 comment:

lastnerve said...

Tabs!!! What's up girlfriend? Just wanted to stop by and say love love love your books! The cover for Witches Heart is amazing! I am dying to read Too Close to the Fire! It needs to hurry up and be released already! Thanks for bloggin, I love hearing from you!