We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Cinderella Story…

I have always been a sucker for a Cinderella story beginning with Rodgers and Hammerstein’s television version with Leslie Ann Warren and Stuart Damon. I anxiously awaited the annual showing that looking back was probably one of the reasons I fell in love with romance and the notion of overcoming all odds for the happily ever after ending. Ever After with Drew Barrymore is another one of my favorite adaptations of the classic fairy tale. The animated Disney movie is adorable and I was enchanted by the teen movie A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. It’s not surprising that I ended up writing my own version with my southern fried fairy tale, Redneck Cinderella and although my intention was to entertain with a big dose of humor, the underlying message that money does not create happiness and possessions are an empty substitute for love runs throughout the novel.
The song Impossible from the Rodgers and Hammerstein’s version is a beautiful reminder that all things are possible and in fact happen all the time. But what I love most about Cinderella stories is that Cinderella never gives up her own identity but rather the prince accepts her for who she is. Rooting for the seemingly impossible… the underdog is so satisfying and sends a message of hope and the belief that indeed love can conquer all.
With that in mind, I’m curious as to what your favorite versions of Cinderella are? Do you have a favorite Cinderella song? Do you also love to root for the underdog but most of all do you believe in the impossible? Let me know your thoughts!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm in LOVE with the movie Ever After. I love the fact that good wins over evil, and true love finally prevails. I wish that all of life were that way, things may be much better in life if it were. Thanks to my dear bf, I have happily ever after.

Thanks for blogging with us today! I can't wait to read your book. So many books, so little time. :)

lamclane said...

Thanks for having me Tami! Oh believe me, I wish that life were that way too... but it gives is hope, ya know?

Judy F said...

I love Cinderella Stories. Ever After is a fav.
The princess Bride too.

Great book LuAnn