We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Say Hi to Savannah Chase....ah music to my ears!

Before I get started I wanted to say a huge thank you for letting me be a guest here today. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Savannah Chase and I write romance and erotica. Most people might not know this and will probably be surprised to know that I got my start in writing in the music business. Ever since I was a kid I loved listening to music. It wasn’t just the beat of the song but the words. I was one of those people who could get lost in the lyrics of a song. I loved how one could express themselves and at the same time tell a story. My love of music lead me to write lyrics on my own. Yes I had dreams of being a huge superstar. Who doesn’t have those dreams?

During that time that I was focusing on music I was already writing short stories as well. I remember the first story I ever wrote as a kid was about a haunted house. My imagination was endless and I loved it. I probably have it somewhere in storage.
I dedicated many years to my music and growing up I never knew anything about publishing so my journey was taking me to the path of music. I planned on going to a huge school to study music and I was to become a music producer. People told me I should sing but that was out of the question for me. I don’t do well in front of crowds. Never have....

In a turn of events my path was changed. My first full manuscript was born after a dream I had. The year I finished it I had gave it to be read by a few people and the feedback I got was fantastic. The suggested I try to publish my work. Let me tell you I was lost because I had zero knowledge of the publishing world. I didn’t even know where to start. Plus the story was erotica and I didn’t even know if this could be published. That year I happened to discover one of my favourite authors work and I was blown away. Her book was sexy, romantic and everything you want in a good book. Something kept bugging me to go back and see what I could do with this manuscript I’d completed. I decided to look at the books I had and the companies that put them out. Soon I was pushed into the world of publishing.

One thing lead to another and here I am. That first manuscript never got published and I hope to get in all cleaned up and perfect so I can find a home for it one day. In case you are wondering what happened to my music. It plays a huge part in my life. I still continue to write songs and work on it. I got to put a little bit of my love in one of my stories. He’s On The Menu which is featured in the One Touch One Glance Anthology published by Freya’s Bower features a rock star by the name of Ian.

One Touch, One Glance: A Sweet Romance Anthology
ISBN:978-1-935013-50-1
Available December 9, 2008
by Various
Genre: Anthology/Contemporary/Time Travel
Rating: Sweet
Book Length: Humongous Novel
Format: ebook
Price: $6.49

Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned romance? Remember reading about a man’s clothed physique, or how a fellow admired a woman in a pretty red dress? How about stories where couples fall in love with just one glance or that first gentle touch? Then open this anthology and enjoy 18 beautiful stories of love lost, love found, intrigue, heartache healed, the miracles of life, passionate admissions, and tearjerkers that make one sigh with longing. From best friends who find romance to time travel to a bit of Christmas magic, step into the realm of hearts on fire and love everlasting.

Authors: Gwen Hayes, M.E. Ellis, Maryann Miller, Adelle Laudan, K. Starling, Trinity Blacio, Debbie Gould, Ava James, Faith Bicknell-Brown, Savannah Chase, Lisa Alexander Griffin, Kensana Darnell, Brieanna Robertson, Nicolette Zamora, Kathleen MacIver, Missy Lyons, and Jambrea Jo Jones

He’s On The Menu by Savannah Chase

One Touch One Glance A Sweet Romance Anthology

All Jessie wanted to do was get home safe and sound from a shift at the diner, not crash her car into a tour bus that belongs to a mega star. Ian’s traveled the world and met lots of women but non like the one who’s crashed into his life. She’s different and unforgettable and now he’s ready to show her he’s perfect for her and just the thing she needs on her menu.

Buy Now http://www.freyasbower.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_39&products_id=149

I’m also in the middle of working on a full length novel that takes place in the world of music. I’ve started writing songs that will be featured in the book. I have a lot planned for this particular book because I want to combine both of my loves. Music is truly important to me and I want to give you a glimpse into this other passion. I wanted to ask you guys, what are your passions?

If you would like to find out more about me or my work stop by my official site at www.savannahchase.com or drop by my official yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/savannahchase/

In case you want to know I currently have four books released and there is more to come. Here is a little about the rest of my published books.

Bid For Love by Savannah Chase
Genre: Romance/ Contemporary
Length: Short
Price: $2.50
Publication Date: August 18, 2008
Format: ebook
Cover Art By Renee Rocco



Her fantasy man is up for auction. Will Nico dare to bid?

Nico’s history of romantic disasters has taught her when she gambles on men, she fated to lose. That doesn’t stop her from secretly lusting after Jeff, the handsome construction worker she sees everyday on her way to work.

When the New York’s Sexiest Bachelor auction begins and Jeff comes up on the block, she’s seriously tempted to place a bid. The wager can’t be taken lightly — it might be for a good cause, but she’s making a bid for love……

Buy Now http://www.onceuponabookstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_12&products_id=44

Pleasure After The Pain by Savannah Chase
Erotic Romance: Contemporary
ISBN: 978-1-60435-201-6
Cover Artist: Ash Arceneaux
Editor: Brissa Lyons
Word Count: 8,820
Price: $1.99
Format: ebook
Release Date: September 11, 2008


What is your wildest fantasy about getting a tattoo? A night out on the town with a friend ends up bringing Serena to a tattoo parlor. There she discovers a tattoo that takes a hold of her. Something about it calls to her. Body art can bring pleasure to its owner but this tattoo brings more pleasure then Serena ever imagined.

Will Serena’s tattoo give her more pleasure than she could imagine or will it be a fleeting moment of pleasure after the pain?
Buy Now http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=225


Men In Shorts: An Erotic Anthology
by Various
Edited by: Lori Perkins
Publish Date: 2008-12-01
Format: ebook and audio
ISBN: 978-1-60777-060-2
Price: $4.99

Publisher: Ravenous Romance

There is nothing like summer, when the weather changes and the men change into their summer shorts. And basketball shorts. And cut-offs. And board shorts!

Here are 11 erotic short stories featuring all those wicked fantasies we’ve ever had about the mailman, the cop, the athlete, and the gardener.

And G..I. Joe!

With legs bared and muscles flexing, these men in shorts are sure to inspire, entertain, and titillate you!

Special Delivery

by Savannah Chase
(featured in Men In Shorts: An Erotic Anthology)

Kara has always wanted to do something exciting, something daring, like have a one night stand. But, she’s never been bold enough. Then she meets Julian, her gorgeous mailman. Kara almost blows her chance until a single lost letter brings him unexpectedly knocking on her door. Will Kara make her move or will she let another opportunity slip through her fingers.

Buy Now http://www.ravenousromance.com/real-man-romance/men-in-shorts-an-erotic-anthology.php?flypage=0

7 comments:

Elle Amery said...

Savannah - great post! You know, when life starts to get me down, all I have to do is pick out an LP and crank up the sound and soon I'm dancing around the house. So glad music's such a big part of your life - it can work magic, can't it?

Dana Fredsti said...

I love music too, but never could write lyrics. My mind works in limericks, I guess...

Really fun post, Savannah!

Savannah Chase said...

Elle I have so many cd's it is nuts...Music has always been a huge part of my life because it was my way of expression...Creating a song was a magical experience....

Dana, thank you...Over the years I've created over 500 songs.....I'm truly looking forward to getting to share my work in this new book..

Isabel Roman said...

I love music, too. Can't write it worth a darn, used to play a couple instruments (mediocre at best), ad have a great appreciation for those who can do something with it. I find it helps me write, or maybe it just focuses me with the specific beat so I can get the atmosphere right. I listen to music all the time at work; luckily I don't share an office with anyone! Makes the time go faster. :)

debrahyde said...

Savannah, My love of music and books are so intertwined that I have a database for each on my iPod Touch, just so I won't accidentally buy duplicates!

Currently, I rely on instrumental music to keep me company when I write. Can't hear words when I'm trying to snatch my own out of the air for my novels. LOL!

Debra Hyde

Savannah Chase said...

Isabel, my ipod is on pretty much all day..I even have it on when I go to bed...

Debra...I have playlists for when I'm wokring on a book...I even have mood playlists..When I need dark I listen to more darker songs and artist....My ipod currently has 15,000 songs and growing....

Sarah Simas said...

I think music and writing are very similar...they both tell a story. I'm a self-professed word hooker! I love words. There is no better rush than when words align together like stars in the sky! I think this was a wonderful post and really helped us see you as not only a writer but as an literary artist, Savannah! Great job!