We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Christina Phillips stops by to chat......

Thank you Tami for inviting me to guest blog here today!

I moved to sunny Australia from the UK almost ten years ago with my very own hero and our three adorable children. Over the last few years as I’ve actively sought publication for the romances I love writing, I’ve tried my hand at category romance, chic lit, paranormal and now write dark erotic romance for The Wild Rose Press. My mantra is Never Say Never, because I will immediately go and do whatever I said I could never attempt!

Touch of the Demon, a Scarlet Rosette, was released on Friday 13th March 2009.
Demon is described by my publisher as a Futuristic/Fantasy, "lush and dark, providing an interesting fantasy for the tumultuous days of earth".

Unlike my first Scarlet Rosette, Foretaste of Forever, which bubbled around in my sub-conscious for years, the basic plot for Touch of the Demon literally fell into my brain one night while I was at the computer doing some correspondence. I was so excited by the premise I dropped everything, including the full length paranormal I'd been struggling with, opened up a document that night and just started writing!


Here's the blurb:
Dark angel Rafe travels back in time to destroy the woman who is fated to bring untold chaos to the cosmos. Instead, he finds Celeste, a child of the Earth Goddess, who is sworn to protect the one Rafe seeks. He mistakes her for his quarry but an irresistible attraction prevents him from taking her soul. And although Celeste holds the one weapon capable of banishing Rafe from Earth forever, she's unable to deny the overwhelming desire to possess this creature from hell. They come together in a frenzy of passion, each believing they are changing destiny by their actions. But when the Earth Goddess appears they discover her plans are more far reaching than either had imagined.

Excerpt:

“I’ll beg you for nothing.” It was a lie. If Celeste thought begging could get her anywhere, then she would already be on her knees before him. She kept that knowledge locked deep in her heart.

Rafe took a step toward her and her heart hammered in her breast. He was taller than any human she had known over the years. But then, he wasn’t human. Beneath the long leather coat he wore against the night’s chill air, his broad shoulders all but blotted out the rest of the world.

She sucked in a suddenly panicked breath, and his evocative scent of other worldly essences, meshed with hot, heavy male enveloped her. Against every principle she stood for, her nipples strained against the fabric of her bodice, peaking with desire and disgust and pure, animal heat.

A mocking smile twisted his full sensual lips. “I could make you beg, human.” His finger traced the outline of her face and she shuddered, hating the way she reacted and yet unable to help herself. “I might even listen to your pleas.” His smoky whisper shimmered along her senses, searing with words unsaid.

I have a website and blog which I try to keep updated on a regular basis. I'm also at MySpace and Facebook.

To buy Touch of the Demon from The Wild Rose Press, click Here

Trailer for Touch of the Demon

Thanks for having me! It's been fun!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Mmmmmmm.......I love lush and dark!

Thanks for blogging!

Christina Phillips said...

Thanks for having me, Tami!

lastnerve said...

I haven't read your books yet and can't wait to. I love it when authors cross genre lines in the books that they write, I get to see so many different types of books. Loved the blog!

jen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://grillsblog.com

Helen Hardt said...

Hi Christina! You already know that I loved TOTD. Can't wait for your next one! And I love your "never say never" mantra. I've done that, too. For example, I never thought I could write a menage. And guess what? I'm writing one, LOL.

Helen