We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cruising into Caribbean Dreams of Love

My latest release, Caribbean Dreams of Love is indeed a labor of love. It’s the second story I’ve set in the Caribbean, the next one being On A Warm Sea of Love, in production and due out sometime this year.

As any of you who have read my biography know, I was born to American parents on an island in the Caribbean and raised on the Caribbean coast of South America until I was 12. My father worked for the oil companies, and I grew up in an idyllic setting of year-round warm trade winds, and daily trips to the local swimming pool or the beach for shell collecting.

We “returned” to the United States permanently when I was 12, but for some reason, I didn’t seem to understand that I would not be returning to the Caribbean as we did every year after our annual month-long vacation in the States.

It took me thirty years to get back to the Caribbean when I took my first cruise with my daughter, and I’ve been hooked on cruising ever since. Cruising itself isn’t a terribly expensive vacation, but the airfare to get to the ports can set a person back a bit! J Still, imagine exploring the Caribbean yet sleeping in the same room every night without lugging suitcases from hotel to hotel. And the food, delicious and free on the ship! What’s not to like?

I always dreamed of writing a pirate story set in the Caribbean, and here’s the blurb from Caribbean Dreams of Love. I hope you enjoy!

Blurb: Daisy and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Lily, are embarking on a Caribbean cruise. She isn't looking for anything special on the cruise other than a pleasant break from her humdrum existence as long-time divorced single mother to a busy teenage girl. She certainly isn't prepared for an enigmatic man named Peter whose idiosyncrasies in dress and speech mark him as an eccentric person to avoid. But Daisy can't avoid him. In fact, she begins to obsess about him from the first moment she catches him staring at her in the cruise ship terminal. Peter remains elusive and mysterious throughout the cruise. She catches sight of him occasionally, never often enough to please her, and they connect one wonderful night as he sweeps her into his arms for a waltz. A waltz? On a Caribbean cruise ship? While Daisy's dinner companions share nightly tales of the legends of cursed pirates, Daisy dreams of the mysterious man who has captured her heart.

Video Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfgJ8Ng7lo


Buy Link:
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1083&zenid=158e2bb07c492a5af9aa0e192c694c7f

2 comments:

lastnerve said...

You blog made me realize I NEED A CRUISE! Sounds amazing have you ever thought about moving back to the Carribean? That would be like living in heaven. Thanks for blogging and I loved the blurb.

Bess McBride said...

I think about moving to the Caribbean almost every day...honestly! And if I could take my family with me, I would... :-) Thanks!

Bess