We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Warm welcomes go out to Phyllis Campbell

What’s more exciting than having a new release? Give up? Well, I’ll tell you… Having TWO new releases in one month!!

In the past 7 years, I’ve had 18 books published, and this is the first time I’ll have two come out with the same publisher during the same month. And do you want to hear even better news? So far this year, I’ve had a book released every month. That’s right! In January, my contemporary, Kisses Of Fire, was released with Champagne Books. In February, my first erotic romance, Breaking All The Rules, was released with Carnal Passions.

March brings my historical short, Huntress Of My Heart, with The Wild Rose Press, and later in the month will bring my steamy contemporary, The Man Hunt. www.thewildrosepress.com

Oh, and let’s not stop there. In April, my short story, Snow Angel, will be released with Grassroots Magazine. http://grassrootsmag.com/index.html

I’m on a roll, aren’t I? In July my historical, Love Comes Blindly, will be coming out with Champagne Books. And…lastly, I have one more story with The Wild Rose Press – a historical, Belong To Me – hopefully coming out this year, but I haven't been given a release date yet.

Today I’m going to talk about my contemporary, Kisses Of Fire. So far it’s received two reviews, and the reviewers LOVE IT! I can’t get better than that. Of course, the cover to this book is HOT! It’s definitely an eye-grabber.

She needs money for her bar, he seeks incriminating evidence to close her. Will the auction be the key, or will her kisses turn his loins to fire?

Cassidy Hilarion needs money to save her bar…hoping auctioning off her waitresses and herself for a night of pleasure might do the trick. How can she protect her heart when a gorgeous hottie bids on her and all she wants to do is kiss him…endlessly.

Mark Carrington is on a mission—to find some incriminating evidence to help his father close down the bar. For years, the Carrington’s have tried to get this land from the Hilarion’s, and Mark is determined to win. But when he gets to know the sexy co-owner he wants more than the bar. He wants her body and soul.

To tease you a little more, here’s an excerpt…

She shook her head. "I've never slept with a guy on the first date. I'm ... not that kind of girl."

A relaxed grin claimed his mouth. Even his eyes softened. "I'm glad."

She blinked. "You are?"

"Yes." He stopped their swaying. "I wouldn't think very much of you if you were that type."

"So ... you won't be disappointed if I tell you our date is over now?"

He swept his fingers along her hairline then cupped her face. "Oh, I'd be disappointed all right, but I'll respect you more."

Her grin widened. "Then I think you should take me back to the bar."

"Will you give me another good-night kiss?"

She shook her head. "I haven't given you a good-night kiss yet."

He arched his brow. "Umm ... then I can't wait until we get back."

He bent his head and captured her lips one more time, but just as she opened for his seeking tongue, he withdrew and took a step away from her. The tease! And here all along she thought women were the ones who tormented.

Her heart softened for this gorgeous, sexy man. Although he could have taken her back to his place and made wild, passionate love to her all night, he respected her wishes. What a gentleman.

He leaned closer to her ear. "But I'll have you know, I've never been aroused so quickly and so hot as I am tonight." He pulled back and winked.

Her heart skipped a beat. Wow! She'd been the first. How cool was that?

But then, would he want another date? After all, she only said she didn't sleep with guys on the first date.

The drive back to the bar was painful, only because she couldn't wait to have him take her back in his arms and kiss her to distraction.

Finally, he drove in the parking lot of the bar. Very few cars were here now. She hoped they had made a lot of money selling drinks, too.

He killed the engine, took off his seatbelt, then leaned over to her as he helped her release her buckle. Once the strap was out of the way, he pulled her in his arms, his mouth covering hers again. She moaned and clung to him, like a woman starved for affection.

*******

Thanks for joining me today!!! For those who post a comment, I’ll pick a winner at the end of the day, and the winner will receive a free PDF download of any of my new stories.

~.~

Phyllis Campbell is an award-winning, multi-published, and best-selling author with Carnal Passions, Champagne Books, The Wild Rose Press, and Vintage Publishing. Most of her reviewers have given her the title of “Queen Of Sexual Tension”. Married with kids (and three grandchildren), Phyllis has lived in Utah all of her life and enjoys family activities when she’s not writing her next sensual story. Visit her website – www.phyllismariecampbell.com

14 comments:

Tami said...

Welcome Phyllis! I am so glad that you stopped by to blog with us today!

Billie Jo said...

Hi Phyllis!!!

You know how much I lubs your work. I have missed out on so much since my dad's stroke.

WOW you have been quite the busy little beaver and I will have to go get the ones I don't have.

Congratulations Sweetie!

Billie Jo

Big Mike said...

Hi Phyllis

Big Mike here. You ladies that can jump back and forth between the warm and the hot side are amazing. Course, haven't figured out if its base on pent up fantasy or life experience. That's why I don't do the erotica. All my novels are based on real life experience and I have no erotica memories to draw from (g).

Big Mike
Davisstories.com

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey, I'm up! Yippeeee! Thanks for letting me be your guest, Tami!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

BILLI JO!! It's sooooo good to hear from you! Gads, it's been forever, hasn't it? Yes, I've been busy. You know me. (wink)

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey Big Mike...as for my 'other side', I can promise you that I do NOT have that kind of life either. Why do you think I write steamy stories? heehee

~Phyllis~

Becky said...

Hi Phyllis, Congrats on having to releases in the same month. The excerpt form "Kisses Of Fire" was really good and now I will have to get it so I can read more. I am adding your other books to my list to get.

Pam P said...

Hi Phyllis, finally made it over to say to one of my favorite authors. Congrats on the new releases, have to get that erotic contemp real soon so I can see how you revved up that tension you do so well.

Phyllis Campbell said...

Thank you, Becky! Let me know if I can convince you more. heehee

Phyllis

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey Pam!! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi. You'll really be surprised with my erotica, I think. You know how I love to write sensual...but I've definitely kicked it up a notch!

~Phyllis~

Cindy K. Green said...

Hey Marie--I meant to stop by yesterday. Anyway, congrats on the releases. I'm so happy to hear you have new historicals coming (greedy eyes). You sure got yourself into gear and have a lot releasing this year. Good for you. :)

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey, Cindy! Thanks for posting. You're awesome!!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

And the winner is... BECKY! Becky, email me to claim your prize. phylliscampbell84302.com

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

My bad! I gave you a wrong email addy. Sheesh, you'd think I'd know it by now... lol

phylliscampbell84302@yahoo.com

Looks better, right? lol

Phyllis