We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, April 24, 2009

I’m too SEXY for my…

I’m not talking about sex in general. (I know, darn! I can hear all the groaning out there now…) But, I do want to talk about what makes a hero sexy. Do you like the way he smiles at the heroine? Is it the way his hair his long and brushing his shoulders? Or do you think a guy is sexier with short hair? Maybe shaved head? Is it the way the hero caresses the heroine’s cheek, or rubs his thumb along her lower lip? Maybe it’s his deep voice, or the way he lets out a pleasurable sigh when the heroine touches him. Maybe it’s the way he wears his jeans…or if he’s from a historical story, it’s how his trousers hug his tight thighs and loins… Do you want him to be humorous? Personally, I enjoy men who make me laugh. (grins) Maybe what you’ll consider sexy is when he’s making love to the heroine and he moves slowly and meaningfully on top of her, holding back his pleasure just so the heroine can reach hers first… (Heaven help me! heavy sigh) Or…what if the hero becomes inventive in the way he seduces? For example, here’s an excerpt from my newest release – The Man Hunt

See the trailer here - http://www.blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=305

Jordan placed her hand in Rocky’s. Her small hand became engulfed in his large one. She remembered what people said about men with large hands. Oh dear. Could other parts of his body be as large?

On unsteady legs, she allowed him to lead her to the empty booth. This part of the room was darker, but thankfully, less smoky. Her heart took on a different rhythm, making her more alive than she’d ever been before. She’d thought about having a meaningless fling, but could she really go through with it? Doctor Jordan Reed certainly wouldn’t. Right now she wasn’t the professional, but a woman.

A woman who needed release.

She slid into the booth first, then he joined her, sitting close beside her with his arm resting on the top of the seat behind her. Damn, he smelled good. He turned his body toward her, blocking out anybody who would happen to pass by.

“So,” he began, “what brings you here looking for me?”

She laughed uneasily. “I...I just wanted to continue the conversation we’d started the other day.”

“I thought you never came to bars like this.”

“I usually don’t.”

He put his hot hand on her knee. Moisture gathered between her thighs. Her breathing became irregular. Would he notice? She hoped so. She hoped he knew how much he excited her right now.

“Then why are you really here?” he asked.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you, and since I have a long lunch, I thought I’d come to see if you were here. I...uh...thought we could get to know each other better.” She swallowed hard.

He leaned in closer to her. She smelled a whiff of mint rather than liquor on his breath, and her respect for him grew.

“How long do you have for lunch?”

“At least two hours.”

“That doesn’t give us much time to get to know each other, does it?” His voice came out huskier than before.

She swallowed hard. “How do you propose we get to know each other in such short a time, then?”

Had those words really come from her mouth? She felt almost proud to be flirting. Definitely not Doctor Reed-like behavior. She liked the new horny woman more and more. With a little practice, she could become good at this flirting thing. It wasn’t as difficult as she thought. At least not with the right man.

His gaze dropped to her mouth. “I thought we could communicate with our bodies.”

She kept herself from sighing aloud, only because her heart lodged in her throat again. She swallowed, realizing how dry her mouth was. Maybe she needed a stronger drink. Or maybe she just needed to accept his offer, if she could only be sure exactly what he offered.

The hand on her leg lifted to her chin, his fingers gently caressed her skin. “Do I make you nervous?”

She wanted to deny it, but her body shook so bad he’d see through the lie. “Yes, a little.”

“Tell me, Doc.” His thumb stroked her bottom lip. “Have you ever done this before?”

“Done what?”

“Met a strange man in a bar and let him touch you like this?”

“No.”

“Really? So I’ll be your first?”

“Yes.”

He lowered his hand, sweeping by her breasts. She held her breath. He caressed her erect nipples one at a time, before dropping his hand to her leg, higher than it was before. Her thighs trembled with anticipation.

His hand rested so near the edge of her skirt, and the wait drove her crazy. He lowered his head and brushed his lips against her mouth. She stiffened, but a soft moan escaped her throat. He licked her top lip, then the bottom before quickly sucking it into his mouth.

He withdrew mere inches away. “Let me know if I do something you don’t like, okay?”

To purchase ebook - To purchase ebook - http://www.thewildrosepress.com/the-man-hunt-p-1185.html?zenid=aae33f247ae3870c9a0b1ce2796d1450

Coming in paperback May 8, 2009. Yippeee!!!!

Feel free to visit my website for other YUMMY heroes… www.phyllismariecampbell.com

27 comments:

Francesca Prescott said...

Hi Phyllis, what a fun blog, and your excerpt is...caliente! I had a potter around your website and was impressed by the number of books you've written. Congratulations :)

Lots of love,

Francesca

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hi, Francesca! I'm thrilled you liked my excerpt. Even if this story isn't erotic...it still is steamy. VERY steamy. (grins) I'm also amazed by the number of books I've written. And to think there are still a good 30 on my hard drive that I need to revise. Wow! lol

~Phyllis~

Anonymous said...

This is one heck of a sexy book Phyllis, and you have brought out every steamy emotion possible. You asked what makes a man sexy? You know from the moment you lay eyes on him that he is in control. he's virle to the max and doesn't hesitate to let you know he has you in his sights. he isn't one to pamper, yet his protective ways draw you to him. This man will keep you safe and make you WANT him!!! You are a fab author my friend. Keep it up.
Betty

lastnerve said...

Ohhh la la ...... great excerpt and the cover is ....... HAWT! Can't wait to read the book Phyllis! What makes a hero sexy is of course the appearance but I love a hero who is always looking out for the heroine and does sweet things for her. I just turn to mush when that happens! *sigh*

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hi Betty!! I'm glad you're here. I loved your answer, too. That definitely makes a sexy hero!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Thanks so much, lastnerve! If you love the way the hero is always looking out for the heroine...then The Man Hunt is the story you'll enjoy! (grins) Thanks for posting!

~Phyllis~

Mary Ricksen said...

I love a hero with the gift to make me laugh.
I married my DH for that very reason! He was handsome and very fun to be with.
What a grabbing excerpt!

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hi, Mary! Thanks for your comment. I enjoy a man who can make me laugh, too. Maybe that's why I'm still with my DH, too. lol

~Phyllis~

melissablueromanceauthor said...

I love a hero that is 75% gentleman and 25% devil with only eyes for his heroine :)

Fantastic excpert, Phyllis, adding yet another book to my must read list.

Melissa Blue

Monique DeVere said...

Hiya, Phyllis,

For a man to be sexy to me, he has to be strong, kind and gentle. Looks don't matter if he treats the heroine like a princess. I love it when you can clearly see he's a good guy, even if he tries to keep it hidden. Oh...and of course he has to have one of those deep gravely voices that jumps off the page, and rumbles right through me...hmmmm

~*Monique*~

Anne MacFarlane said...

OOH! That story sounds hot.

What do I like in a hero? Strength, kindness, humour - and nice abs.

Kristi Ahlers said...

I personally think there are several things that make a hero sexy. One, is he real. Approachable, does he smile a lot, things like that. Of course having a tight backside doesn't hurt either...***opps did I say that out loud?*** LOL!

Phyllis Campbell said...

Thanks, Melissa! And yes, the hero MUST have eyes only for the heroine!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Anne - you read my mind. (grins) Yeah, must have tight abs.... ROFL! Thanks for posting~

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Yes, Kristi - you said it out loud. heehee But it's not like we weren't all thinking the same thing... ROFL!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Oh, Monique! I love it when hero treats heroine like a princess. PERFECT!!

THanks for posting, luv!

~Phyllis~

Jennifer Lewis said...

Hi Phyllis, I love it when the hero brushes the heroine's bottom lip with his thumb. And where exactly are loins, anyway?

Jen

Anne-Marie said...

Hi, Phyllis. Hot, hot, hot excerpt. What makes a hero sexy to me? Hmmm, I think it's the whole package, how he looks, how he handles himself, how he treats the heroine.

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey Jen, I love the lip rubbing thing, too. WOWZA!! Loins? Well... heehee Is this a PG site? ROFL!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Anne Marie! I'm glad you liked my hot excerpt. (wink) I agree - the whole package!

~Phyllis~

Emma Lai said...

Great excerpt Phyllis! I've just added the book to my TBR list.

I like a hero that makes me laugh, but I also like one that makes the heroine feel safe enough to let loose and completely be herself.

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Phyllis,
Wow, fabulous excerpt. I got all hot and bothered just reading it.

Cheers
Margaret

Phyllis Campbell said...

Thanks Emma Lai! I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt. Feeling safe is a good thing!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

Hey, Margaret...hot and bothered? Then I accomplished my goal. (grins) Thanks!

~Phyllis~

Phyllis Campbell said...

All right ladies...those who have posted tonight wins! That's right - you ALL win! Email me for your prize - phylliscampbell84302@yahoo.com

~Phyllis~

Teresa Reasor said...

Phyllis:
Enjoyed the excerpt very much. Reads like a really hot one. You are soooo prolific.
Write on,
Teresa R.

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Wow, that's one heck of an excerpt. Phyllis, you're a terrible tease. LOL