We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, May 22, 2009

Conveniently speaking....

Convenience seems to be of the utmost importance for families these days. I ordered a pizza online today. Small task for some but major thing for me because I’d never done it before. I have to say that it took at least four times as long as calling on the phone but hey, they did give me a ‘pizza tracker’ that showed me exactly where my pizza was in the delivery process. And I must admit that I played with the graphics for a while. Watching toppings appear on my pizza was just cool so I kept putting them on and taking them off! It spurred an idea that I talked about on my blog www.kissastarling.com/blog

And it also inspired me to think more about the convenience we expect in today’s times. Patience is a virtue? I think not in 2009. Everything has to be instant and readily available 24/7. Fast food places are open all night now even in the itty-bitty town I live in. What happened to the blue laws? http://www.helium.com/items/1131005-blue-laws-relics-of-a-bygone-era Times when you couldn’t even open two days a week (Wednesday and Sunday) and the other days you had to roll up the sidewalk by 6:00 pm. I’m guessing those days are gone. People shop online, eat online, heck some even date online. How would we possibly survive without this vast world wide web? Is there an item that you believe you couldn’t possibly live without? Tell me in the comments. I’m really interested in items that people take for granted even though they weren’t even around five or ten years ago…

Kissa Starling

www.kissastarling.com

4 comments:

housemouse88 said...

Hello Kissa,

Once a person has lived through losing all of one's possessions, you no longer take anything for granted. Five years ago, this happened to us. With no insurance to help, we have slowly built back our life. It might not be much to some people but when you only have the clothes on your back, you learn to look at things differently. You never take anything for granted no matter how small or big it is. I'll leave with my motto make each day like it was the last. Have a great day.

Tami said...

I know that I couldn't live without my iPhone right now. But there was a time even when I used to not have a cell phone at all. Kinda crazy if you ask me.

Tami

kissastarling said...

I always said I would never get a cell phone but I call my grandmother, who lives out of state, all the time and long distance gets expensive. I now use a cell phone as the only phone I have and it's much cheaper. Could I live without it? Of course. There are many things I could live without but a few I'm glad I don't have to!

lastnerve said...

The one item I could not live without, MY LAPTOP! I must must must have access to the fast paced world! Our town is one of those that roll up the carpet at 7:30. Just about everything is closed on that day and just forget about Sundays, you might as well go to the next nearest town.

Thanks for blogging Kissa, you rock!