We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, May 18, 2009

Flipping Pierre

Hi everyone out there in You Gotta Read-land!

I'm author Grayson Reyes-Cole and I'm sincerely honored to be blogging with you today. What can I tell you about myself? As a chronic insomniac, I can tell you that when I'm not writing, my days are packed with work, painting, traveling, spending time with friends and family, my-own-idea-of-iron-chef-ing, and my-own-idea-of-master-mixology. Nothing like an amazing meal and an amazing drink with people you love!


Maybe the best way to introduce my writing style is to use the analogy of flipping a coin. Recently, Roberta here at You Gotta Read Reviews reviewed my novella The Builder. It's a sweetly romantic story that tugs at the heart strings and begs you to tall in love with it! If we think of that as one side of the coin, Bright Star, my contemporary fantasy release has to be the other side. Dark, edgy, frightening, and intense, maybe the story is in some way about love, but a love that maybe we could all do without.

Maybe it's not a coin at all. Maybe it's more like a rock. On top, exposed raw, smoothed by time and experience, on the bottom dirty, dark, dank, and even when you put try to put it back the way you found it, the darkness seeps out around it. I'm calling this blog "Flipping Pierre." Pierre is French for rock and I think Flipping Rocks doesn't have as much flare!

Thanks for stopping in and thanks You Gotta Read Reviews for having me. It's been a treat.

Grayson Reyes-Cole

http://www.graysonreyescole.com

5 comments:

Rita Vetere said...

Having read and loved Bright Star, I'm certainly looking forward to discovering Grayson's other side. Love the rock analogy BTW Grayson.

I've been told I'm schizophrenic, but WE don't think so!

Chandra Ryan said...

Great post! I've always admired writers who could write in a variety of tones. I've read blurbs and excerpts for both stories and they both sound fantastic and distinct. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Grayson Reyes-Cole said...

Hey Rita,

LOL! Thank you ver much for stopping in and the lovely words. You know you're a fine writer yourself... all of you!

--Grayson

Grayson Reyes-Cole said...

Thank you for stopping in Chandra and the kind words!

I'm a bit all over the place with my writing, I sometimes have to rein myself in with the imagination or I'll have a story that goes in so many directions it would have spinoffs before it was completed.

lastnerve said...

Just wanted to stop by and say book looks really good!