We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let's all welcome Linore Rose Burkard

The blogosphere is dotted with reviews of my newest book, The House in Grosvenor Square, and I must admit, it's a big relief--because the reviews are all positive!

The strange thing about having written a first book that 71 people have already given five-star reviews to on Amazon, is that they expect your next book to be just as good. So, as a writer, you say a prayer (or two), give it what you can, do your best, and then send it out to the world. And hold your breath. The wonderful reviews that are starting to trickle in are, therefore, as I said, a relief.

I suppose I should have trusted, on some level, that the book couldn't be THAT bad--as a Christian writer, I believe my talents come from God; and He gives "without repentance." In other words, He doesn't change his mind, or go back on His word, or take away a talent He has created in you. Interestingly, the Bible says that when you have trusted Jesus Christ with your
soul, He is "the author and finisher of your faith." God is MY author! (Good thing He doesn't have to stir up trouble for me just to keep the pages turning, as I must do for my characters! )

I'm also happy to know that He's already seen the ending of my story, and He's got it all under control. : )

Right now I'm working on the next book in this Regency Series, and it's a little easier to trust that my gift is still intact.

The process (or stages) of writing are also more familiar to me. I don't have to know before I start every little thing that will happen during the story. Part of the fun of writing, for me anyway, is to discover what the characters will be up to as I move forward with their tale. I hope it continues to be fun for my readers, too.

******

Here's a review of The House in Grosvenor Square
by Linore Rose Burkard
(Review by Kim Ford)

Oh, dear reader! If you think Regency Romance isn’t exciting, full of mystery, filled with danger and fraught with power struggles and good old-fashioned greed….then you haven’t read Linore Rose Burkard’s latest book – The House in Grosvenor Square!! I loved the first book in this series – Before the Season Ends – and found myself utterly transported to anther place and time. However, this second book not only transported me back to 1813 London, but sat me right in the middle of the biggest muddle you can imagine!

Folks, I am amazed that the precious Arianna and Mr. Mornay ever made it to the altar! In the ten days prior to their wedding, it seems the entire world becomes bent on making sure that they never wed! The housekeeper, Mrs. Hamilton, becomes outright criminal in her thoughts and behavior based on nothing but unfounded fear. (I wanted to fire her myself before I was half-way through the book!) Then there are these two mean-spirited gamblers that decide they need to get revenge on Mr. Mornay for a perceived wrong, and they begin to target Arianna as their means to satisfy their black-hearted greed. Poor Old Aunt Bentley is giddy over the upcoming marriage, (and of course she takes the credit for the match!) but by the time the wedding day arrives, the poor woman is practically faint with relief!

I don’t know when I’ve ever read a plot with more twists and turns…and all of it believably set within the upper echelon of 1813 London society! It was an incredibly tense read for a romance, and the crazier things got, the more I found myself enjoying the subtle changes in Arianna and Phillip’s love for one another. It was precious! Once again, Arianna is true to her faith no matter the circumstance, and Phillip’s fledgling faith is put to the test in a mighty fashion!

Linore Burkard has created a wonderful story! I love Arianna and Phillip more now than ever, and I can’t begin to imagine how exciting their life together will turn out to be! This is one romance writer who will always capture my fancy and transport my heart and mind into a captivating and endlessly exciting world!

8 comments:

lastnerve said...

Congrats on all your success! You rock the house! I cannot wait for the next book!

Linore Rose Burkard said...

Thanks so much, Val! For those new to me,
here's where to get a peek into the books:
I have the first chapter posted for each one:
BEFORE THE SEASON ENDS, and, THE HOUSE IN GROSVENOR SQUARE. (Inspirational Regency Romances)
http://www.LinoreBurkard.com/books.html

Enjoy!

Miss Mae said...

Congrats on the fantastic reviews, Linore! I read one of these chapters and loved it. I'm hoping to find the time to read the whole book. :)

Wishing you much success,
Miss Mae

Laurean Brooks said...

Congratulations, Linore! Like you I have been too busy to keep up with everyone. But, I want you to know that my son sent me "Before The Season Ends" and Miss Mae's "Said the Spider to the Fly" for Mother's Day. I'm reading Miss Mae's book now. I got it Friday. Yours didn't come in until yesterday. Just when I thought all the gifts had arrived, more to open.

I wish you all the best. I can tell from excerpts that I am going to love this book. I'm already loving Miss Mae's.

Linore Rose Burkard said...

Wow,what a great son to get you new books for Mother's Day! Sweet! (I'll have to tell my kids about that, hint, hint). I'm glad you liked the excerpt, and thanks for dropping by.
Miss Mae, I just keep hearing good things about your book, too, so when I'm off deadline and I have a life again, maybe I'll get to read it!!

Tami said...

What a great blog. Thank you for being here and sharing you faith and writing with us.

Linore said...

My pleasure, Tami. Sorry I was out of the house so much and couldn't post more, but I appreciate your letting us visit (me and my book, that is.)
Thanks again, and all the best,

Linore
http://www.LinoreRoseBurkard.com
Inspirational Romance for the Jane Austen Soul

Tami said...

Linore -

It was a pleasure having you here, and can't wait you have you back. When you coming?

Hugs,

Tami