We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deciding On a Title for My Book

Deciding on a title is often difficult for me. My latest release with Champagne Books, Investment of the Heart, was called The Engagement for the Longest. I didn’t like it and pondered for several days until something struck my fancy. My heroine, Hallie Barron is a savvy business woman. She invested the money her late father and husband left her and is now well off financially. Yet she’s afraid to invest in a love relationship for fear she’ll be hurt again. When she decides to take the plunge and commit, she sees it as an Investment of the Heart.

Here is the blurb for Investment Of The Heart.

Taking the chance to love again can be the most courageous investment a heart can make.

Widow Hallie Barron wants to see her daughter happily married to a young rancher, raise her son, and continue with her uncomplicated existence. When Simon Cole enters her life, her heart and body remind her she’s a woman. She yearns for a love like she once had, but she fears putting her heart at risk.

Due to his conniving ex sister-in-law, Simon Cole is prejudiced against city women and doesn’t believe they belong on a working ranch. He’s set to prove his nephew’s fiancĂ©e is a mistake. Yet when he meets the young woman’s mother, he finds himself wishing there was a place for her in his life.

On a ranch in the Hill Country of Texas, love is recognized, lost, and found.

Excerpt:

As if he did it every day, he put his arm around her shoulders and they walked out of the barn toward the back yard. At the big oak surrounded by picnic tables, he drew her into the dark shadows of its branches where the moonlight didn’t penetrate. He tossed his jacket onto the nearest picnic table. They were completely hidden under the umbrella of leaf-covered arms. With his free hand, he cupped the nape of her neck and pulled her face closer to his. Spellbound, Hallie didn’t protest. He blew at the wisps of her hair and watched it dance, then inhaled. “You always smell so clean. Your scent haunts me.” He ran his fingers through the blonde strands then watched it drop back into place. “I’ve wanted to touch your hair from the first time I saw you.”

“Simon, I don’t--” His touch was gentle, mesmerizing. She should put a stop to before it got out of hand. But heaven help her, she didn’t want too.

“Ssssh. Let me kiss you. That’s all I want is to kiss you.” His eyes burned with passion as he looked down at her. “You feel it too, don’t you?” He leaned closer and rubbed his check against hers. “The fire that bursts to life each time we touch. I’ve tried to deny it for days, but it’s futile. You invade my mind night and day.”

His breath was warm against her ear causing shivers to run up her spine. “Let’s see if it’s as explosive as I think it is.” He kissed the side of her mouth, and then nuzzled her right ear. With his lips, warm and moist, he explored the side of her neck, kissing, nibbling, stroking with his tongue. “Come burn with me, Hallie.”

The book trailer is available on Utube and on my website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvqikpljKU

Please visit my website at www.lindalaroque.com/ where I’ve posted the full first chapters of my current releases and my blog, Linda’s Musings, at http://lindalaroqueauthor.blogspot.com/ where I give a way an ebook monthly.

Thank you, You Gotta Read Reviews, for having me today.

Happy Reading and Writing!
Linda
Linda LaRoque ~Western Romance with a Twist in Time~ A Law of Her Own, Desires of the Heart, My Heart Will Find Yours, Flames on the Sky10-9, The Wild Rose Press; Forever Faithful, Investment of the Heart, When the Ocotillo Bloom 7-9, Champagne Books.
www.lindalaroque.com/
www.lindalaroqueauthor.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

nan said...

Linda, love the title, the time you took was well worth it. Love the opening sentence of the blurg and the book sounds intriguing.

Linda LaRoque said...

Thank you, Nan. It's funny how when I finally get a title that fits, it seems so right and I wonder why it took so long to see it.

M.Flagg said...

Great title, Linda. Titles can grab a reader even before they turn those pages. Wishing you many sales.

melissablueromanceauthor said...

Not only is "Investment of the Heart" a fantastic title, but it truly fits the story. Loved the book!

MElissa

Glynis said...

A great title! I enjoyed the snippet too,thanks for sharing.

Kimber Chin said...

I love, love, love that Investment of the Heart features an older hero and heroine. Wonderful!

'Course as a businessgal myself, the title grabbed my attention right away!

Sandy said...

Linda,

Great title and great cover. I would buy just for that cover.

Enjoyed the excerpt, too.

Angelica Hart and Zi said...

The title for this book is just perfect. It reflects the totality of Hallie's inner struggle.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." Is a quote from Confucius, and apparently it is what you did with this book. You put your heart into not just the title but every scene and every bit of dialogue. Great story.

Linda LaRoque said...

Thank you, Mickey. I so hope it grabs a lot of people's attention and they buy a copy!

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda LaRoque said...

Oh, thank you, Melissa. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Linda LaRoque said...

Thanks for stopping by Glynis. Glad you enjoyed the excerpt.

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi Kimber,
You know I had a person tell me they didn't like the title as it sounded like it should be about something financial. I'm so glad you like Hallie!

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi Sandy. It is a lovely cover, isn't it. Trisha FitzGerald did it. She's very talented.

Linda LaRoque said...

Angelica and Z,
What a wonderful quote and thank you for your kind comments. So glad you liked it.