We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, June 15, 2009

You Write What??

I can just hear the voice shrieking in my head. It's full of disapproval and astonishment and questions of "What have you done with my daughter?" This is the reaction I would get if my mother (and likely all the rest of my family) discovered my "secret". I write erotica.

My stories run the gamut of romantic to masters and slaves and erotic horror and everything in between. I know some writers "specialize" and stick with one category or two at the most. I have found that writing in such a broad range of categories stretches my imagination. It encourages me to think outside the box. Sure, writing about straight sex between a man and woman in love is fun for some... but I like to spice it up.

I have never been much of a fan of the traditional romance novel. The usually sappy dialogue and story book ending honestly make me gag. In most things, I don't want to read about reality, but when it comes to romance, that's exactly what I want. Life is messy and full of complications. Stories glossing over complications or ending with predictable hero saves the day make me want to throw the book against a wall. I don't want too-good-to-be-true romance. Give me a story full of the nitty gritty. Give me some kind of interesting twist that doesn't have me exclaiming "Oh good grief!" as the book goes flying.

I'm certain it would be acceptable to my family if I simply wrote the traditional bodice ripper that was known to be found in my mom's dresser drawer. Sorry, Mom, but if I can't stand to read it, I'm certainly not going to write it. So I can proudly say, if some day in the future my daughter comes to me and says, "Mom, I have a secret," I will smile and then take her by the hand and show her she is not alone.

Savannah Reardon
*Decadent Erotica*
http://savannahreardon.webs.com
http://sreardon.blogspot.com

Buy Dragon's Lust HERE

Savannah Reardon is a Southern gal who started writing at an early age. She is the author of many short stories, some of which are featured on free erotica sites. Numerous stories have received monthly Reader’s Choice category nominations on one of those sites, Literotica. In 2005, she won the year-end Reader’s Choice award for the How-To category. In 2004, she won the Earth Day contest. She has four stories included in the Coming Together anthologies and has works published with Phaze and Excessica.

When not writing erotica, Savannah is a stay-at-home mom who enjoys reading, scrapbooking, and spending entirely too much time on the internet. She is also an avid fan of game shows and enjoys going bowling because it’s the one sport where she can trounce her husband.


1 comment:

Kristie Leigh Maguire said...

I can relate to this, Savannah!