We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Erotic romance – girl stuff.



Some of our guys don’t quite understand why we read erotic romance. (Mine had a double-hard time understanding why I wanted to write it!) But let’s face it: to a dude, the erotica found in short snips between glossy centerfolds is fine reading material.


I want a romance to go along with my love scenes. Sure, a down-and-dirty romp here and there in the book is fine, but all the physical stuff should contribute to the ongoing love story. And darn it, when I get to the end of the book, I’d better find a happily-ever-after, not just a man-style “happy ending”.


For me, an erotic romance novel should have just as engaging plot, characters, and conflict as its lower-heat level counterparts, but when my hero and heroine get down to business, I want the details. To me, this is just one more way I can get closer to the characters.


So what do you like/hate about erotic romance? More or less details? Have a specific scenario you’d love to see played out? Do certain terms put you off or get your motor runnin’? As a reader, I’m curious to know. As a writer, it might give me direction for my next story. As an acquiring editor at Lyrical Press, I’ve got a vested interest in what readers want.


Raise your voice and leave a comment.


4 comments:

Maya said...

I definitely to NOT like my bedroom door closed, whether reading a book or writing one! I agree, sex plays a major part in the growing relationship between H/h, so I like to see that explored in a book. What I don't like - characters jumping into bed for no reason other than to fill in the pages. If I want that, I'll buy the book with glossy pictures, LOL!

Maya

Glynis said...

I am like Maya in that I hate the pages crammed with bed hopping. I also dislike over use of the *f* word and the *c* word. Good descriptions will take your mind to the activity or place you want your reader to recognise.
I like a happy ending or an ending where the female makes a walk away decision for herself.

Piper Denna said...

LOL, Maya about the glossy pics. All the gratuitous sex gets on my nerves too. I need a romance to go along with them.

And Glynis, I have a hard time with the "c" word too.

Happy endings are a must!(well, you know, not the "massage" happy ending, but a truly happy one.)

Jasmine Black said...

Glossy pics? Maybe an erotic graphic romance novel?

I like deep emotions. For a book to be great in my opinion, I need to be made to cry. So I need a strong connection with the characters.

I like my heros to be betas. I know, a lot of woman like alphas and sometimes I do too. But I like mostly betas. They're strong, but know how to be sweet too. I think this helps in "those" scenes. I like to read about sweet love making instead of take 'em rough sex. Not that hot passion isn't good too, but I need at least one sweet "I love you" make out scene. Those tug at my heart.