We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome Guest Author Anne Patrick...

YGR: Welcome author Anne Patrick! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

Anne: I write mostly 'Sweet Romantic Suspense and have penned almost a dozen novels so far. Five of which are published, four are under contract, and three works in progress. Influenced by authors such as Iris Johansen, Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag and Dee Henderson, my heroines are usually strong willed, witty, and often very opinionated…which usually gets them into situations where a rescue seems imminent. I have an alter ego by the name of Kinzie Monroe, who writes Inspirational Romance. Anne, you might say, is the dark side of Kinzie. Anne’s books may be darker in subject matter, but they all carry messages of hope and faith.

YGR: Ties That Bind is your newest release. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?

Anne: Ties That Bind, coming out in April is a 'Sweet' Romantic Suspense. Here's a blurb: Sheriff Austin Garrett enlists the help of FBI profiler, Jo McDaniels, to help him solve a string of murders plaguing his community. Unlike most profilers Jo has an unusual gift that allows her to get to know the victims better than anyone else. She not only feels their emotions; she feels their pain. But the last time she relied on her physic ability it almost cost her career as well as her sanity. As the case progresses and the body count rises they soon realize that Jo’s sanity isn’t all that is at risk.

YGR: What inspired you to write the novel?

Anne:  I was a fan of the Profiler series a few years back and I like The Medium. Ties That Bind is sort of a combination of the two. But Jo doesn't see spirits, she only feels their emotions and pain at the time of their death. She has the ability to place herself in moment of the kill. It's a gift that can sometimes be very dangerous!

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?

Anne: In May I have another release coming out about a serial killer called Out of the Darkness, which is a prequel to my first book Every Skull Tells a Story. Here's the blurb for it:

Ex-FBI Profiler, Alex Michaels, is forced into hiding by the serial killer who murdered her twin sister and left her with a career ending injury. Meeting up with an ex-pro football player who is also facing an uncertain future, Alex makes Royce McIntire an offer he can’t refuse.

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?

Anne: Study your craft, write every day, and never give up! Having a blog, where you post often, is also very important.

YGR: What is your writing process like?

Anne: I'm not a plotter. My stories are all character driven. So once I have a story in mind, I work on developing them. As they start to come to life they tell me most everthing I need to know. Although I usually have a killer in mind from the start, sometimes they toss me a curve ball. The funny thing is, when I look back at the story and see the tidbits of clues scattered here and there, it all fits into place as if that's the way they'd planned it all along.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?

Anne:  From dreams, newspaper articles, books, and sometimes TV and movies. Oh and I'm also a people watcher. If you see me lurking around in the mall I'm usually searching for victims in one of my WIP's.

YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read

Anne: I'm a suspense junkie so I love reading books that feed my habit.

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?

Anne: I have a blog, http://www.suspensebyanne.blogspot.com/, where I do weekly author interviews. My website, http://www.annepatrick.weebly.com/ and I'm on Facebook and Twitter.

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?

Anne: My blog and website. You can purchase them on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other online bookstores.

YGR:  Thank you for being our guest today!

11 comments:

Brynna Curry said...

Welcome, Anne!

Miss Mae said...

Anne is probably one of the best suspense writers around! I have Lethal Dreams, and am now reading Silencing Evil. I love it! (hee hee, that sounded rather like the dreams I have are lethal, doesn't it?) LOL

Shawna Williams said...

Anne, you are one busy woman! Congratulations in all of your success!

Anne Patrick said...

Hi Brynna, thanks for the warm welcome.
And thank you Shawna and Miss Mae for the well wishes and wonderful comments. You ladies are awesome!

Sherry Kuhn said...

Hi Anne,
Just poppin in to say hi. Great interview! I must say I agree with Miss Mae that you are one of the best suspense writers! Keep those stories coming!
Hugs,
Sherry

Rebecca J Vickery said...

HI Anne,
I am definitely looking forward to reading more of your work. Keep on dreaming and people watching. LOL I love the results.

Gail Pallotta said...

A great interview. Anne's characters sound so interesting. I too am a people watcher, and the mall's a good place for it.

EA said...

Congrats on such a wonderful interview. Your novel sounds fantastic, and that cover is simply amazing! Good luck on the novel.

Anne Patrick said...

Hugs to you too, Sherry! And thank you for the wonderful comments.

Becca, I hope you're not too water logged from swimming in the ocean while on vacation :-). Glad you made it back safely.

Gail and EA, thanks for all your support and well wishes. You're the greatest!

I want to thank Brynna again for the interview. It's much appreciated!

StephB said...

Anne,
You are a busy woman! I love Medium and Ghost Whisperer. It was great to get to know you better.

Smiles
Steph

Laurean Brooks said...

Wonderful interview, Anne. As usual, your blurb has me wondering "Who dunnit." You have a way with words that snatches the reader and keeps her/him glued to the page.

Congratulations on a new release and that wonderful review.