We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Tour! Welcome Wendi Zwaduk!

YGR: Welcome author Wendi Zwaduk! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

I’m a mom and wife by day and a writer and soda-addict by night. Really. Some days my DH wonders if I really sleep or not. I’ve been writing for six years. I have wonderful critique partners that I love that helped me get to this point. I also have a lumpy brown foot warmer who masquerades as a basset hound and a fuzzy little dictator, aka the cat who insists on leaving orange fur all over my keyboard.

I love romance books, to the point where the collection is taking over my house and I have a healthy addiction with putting music on my iPod and surfing the web for eye candy for my blog.

My books are products of my overactive imagination. I want to bring joy to readers and hope they can lose themselves in the pages for a few hours and come away happy.


YGR: Learning How to Bend and Right Where I Need to Be are your newest releases. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?

Learning How to Bend: What happens when a rumor mill ruins a perfectly good marriage? Seth made an off-the-cuff comment that got back to his wife. Abby’s not willing to dump her husband, but she wants answers. What neither counts on is a sinful ménage a trois with their friend, Nate.

Right Where I Need to Be: He needs a job. He wants her in his arms. She needs an actor in her made-for-TV-movie. She isn’t sure what she wants, but if he’s offering, who is she to turn him down? Cass Jensen writes romance for a living, the toe curling, super hot kind. Logan Malone is what he considers to be every woman’s fantasy man. But when Cass doesn’t fall for his advances, he knows he’s got to up him game and guard his heart. She’s not what he expects, but she’s exactly what he needs.



YGR: What inspired you to write the novel?

I wrote LHTB because I wanted to write a ménage. Plain and simple. I wanted to see if I could do it. Plus a good friend of mine challenged me to write something so sexy it knocked her socks off. From the first draft to the final version, it’s not quite the same book—it reads better. Plus, I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be wanted by more than one man.

When I wrote RWINTB, I wanted to write a story of opposites that really aren’t opposite. Logan is based loosely on an actor I’ve seen on TV. Have I met him? Nope. No clue what his personality is, but I figured if I created the personality for Logan (as Logan insisted he was), then I’d be set. But the story came out of an idea to put two people who would otherwise not cross paths together and watch the sparks fly.


YGR: Is fantasy erotic romance the only genre you write? If so why?

I’ve actually never written erotic fantasy. Erotic contemporary, yes. I’d even consider RWINTB on the hotter end of contemporary. But I have written paranormal. I have a fondness for vampires. I know, vampires are all the rage right now. But I came into my fondness on a tangent. I never really was a big one on the vampire TV shows. In fact my vampire hero came from a look on the face of a model in a print ad. But I wrote the story because Storm really needed his story told, or so he complained. I like kitty shifters, too. You know, the ones that look like common house cats (because they are everywhere), but are really trained warriors (then again, what housecat doesn’t think he or she is really not a warrior).

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?

I’m currently working on another military story, a farmer, and a historical set in Ancient Greece.

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?

READ. Get out there and see what’s being published. But really, just read, because you can absorb so much by seeing what works, what doesn’t, what you love and what drives you batty.

I’d also say review. Why? Because it forces you to think about what you read and explain why you liked it or why it drove you barmy.

YGR: What is your writing process like?

Turn on my iPod and scribble in my notebook. Seems like my early ideas come when I’ve turned the laptop off. So I keep a journal nearby at all times. First I write down the general plot, but I know when I’m doing that, most all of it won’t make it to the final story. Then, when I get time, I sit and write. But as I said, the plotting is for naught and the characters drive the storyline.

Usually as I write, I edit. Yes, it’s a vicious cycle, because I end to pour over the same few pages for what seems like ever and then I’ll get a burst of creativity and just let it go.

And yes, I have special tunes for action scenes, for love scenes, and have one whole cd dedicated to a story I’ve yet to write.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?

TV, movies, watching people at the store, listening to people talk, music... it all depends. A trip to the family farm was the basis for my farmer story. It can really be anywhere.

YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read?

I’m a Lora Leigh addict. I love her elite ops men. ::Shiver::. I’m also a sucker for Catherine Mann’s dark ops boys. I like darker stories that take the characters to places they aren’t always comfortable going. I’m a big fan of JA Saare’s work, as well as Anne Rainey and Ashley Ladd.

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?

http://www.wendizwaduk.com/
http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/
http://www.totalebound.com/

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/
http://www.total-e-bound.com/

------------
Blurb for Right:



Sometimes the love of your life isn’t the one you expect, but he’s the one you need.

Cass Jenson needs an actor for her made for TV movie. The previous actor dropped out, leaving her stranded. Her savior shows up looking sinfully sexy and totally right for the part, but what part is she auditioning him for? Her movie or her bed?

Logan Malone needs an acting job and fast. With his string of broken hearts, his professional life lies in shambles. To resurrect his career, he must audition for a television role which could be the job of a lifetime. That is, if he can work with distraction and Cass is a major distraction with a heart of gold. Is their budding relationship enough to survive separation, lies, and a couple zany fans?

7 comments:

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Hi! Thanks for having me here. The questions are awesome and the blog looks great. :)

Wendi

s7anna said...

Hey Wendi,
Thanks for a great visit and I wish you lots and lots of sales with your new book.

hugs,
Anna

Booksrforever123 said...

this looks like my kind of book-need to add it to my wish list

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Thanks Anna. Glad I could stop by. Things got busy around my spot in the world, so I didn't get here til late, but I loved it. :)

Booksforever123, I hope it is your kinda book and I hope you love it. :)

Wendi

Tracie said...

Great interview and delicious cover art! I will definitely be watching for your releases.

Wendi Zwaduk said...

why thank you tracie. I appreciate it. Love my covers too. :)

Brynna Curry said...

A belated welcome, Wendi. Thanks for being our guest!