We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

VBT One Night in Memphis

YGR: Welcome author Allie Boniface! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

Allie: I'm a writer by night, English teacher by day (which means thanks to the latter, I have a very thick skin with which to deal with reviews for the former!). I write contemporary romance and am currently dabbling in the world of Young Adult writing as well. I figured since I listened to teenagers talk all day long, I have a pretty good sense of what makes them tick!
YGR: One Night in Memphis is your newest release. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?

Allie: One Night in Memphis is my current audio book release, and One Night in Napa is my current print release (I figured I'd plug them both here, since it's an oddity for me to have 2 books releasing so close together!) Both are what I'm calling "24-hour romances" which means they take place over a single day and night. 24 hours = 24 chapters with a whole lotta romance, intrigue, and action!

YGR: What inspired you to write the novel?

Allie: Along with wanting to set a book in Memphis (because it's a terrific city with tons of culture, great food, and even better music), I wanted to write a really bad guy. Sean McCabe, the villainous ex-boyfriend in One Night in Memphis, fit the bill perfectly!

YGR: Is contemporary romance the only genre you write? If so why?

Allie: As I mentioned, I'm currently trying my hand at YA as well. So far, I've found that I love the challenge and the change of writing in first person, present tense POV. It's good to shake things up a bit, I think!

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?

Allie: Along with my 2 audio books that released last month, One Night in Napa just released in print with Samhain Publishing this week. It's gotten some great reviews, and I'm excited to have it out in the print world. I have one other romance, Summer's Song, releasing in print this-coming November. 2010 has been a busy year!

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?

Allie: Learn all you can about the whole world of writing and publishing, find yourself a good, honest critique partner, and never give up.

YGR: What is your writing process like?

Allie: I plot. A lot. And I write whenever I can.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?

Allie: Stories in the news, actual things that have happened to me or people I know, songs, dreams...the list goes on and on!

YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read? Allie: Recently I've been reading a lot of YA, to get the feel of what works in that genre. And let me tell you, there are some fantastic new YA authors out there! If you haven't yet read anything by John Green, do so. Now. Or as soon as humanly possible.

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?

Allie: My website (www.allieboniface.com) and blog (www.allieboniface.blogspot.com) are updated regularly with the latest in my life and writing. And if you sign up for my e-newsletter, you'll get the news delivered to your inbox every other month or so, too.

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?

Allie: You can visit my website or my pages at Audio Lark, (http://www.audiolark.com/books/one-night-in-memphis/) and Samhain Publishing (http://samhainpublishing.com/authors/allie-boniface) for all the latest on my books. Thanks so much for having me here today!

One Night in Memphis Blurb:The blurb for “One Night in Memphis”:


What if a woman, tired of broken hearts and bad choices, traveled a thousand miles to the heart of Memphis, Tennessee, and spent a night forgetting her past in the blues clubs of Beale Street? What if a man who lost his wife to cancer ventured to Beale Street's social scene for the first time in over a year? And what if they met and realized love was still possible for them both?

Dakota James and Ethan Meriweather have both given up on finding happiness in a relationship. When they meet in downtown Memphis, at a crowded nightclub, neither has romance on the brain. But as the evening unfolds, and small talk turns to the stuff of hopes, dreams, and shared loss, a kinship grows that surprises them.

Before the night is over, though, Dakota's past will catch up with her in the form of a violent ex-boyfriend. As dawn approaches, and tragedy threatens to tear Dakota and Ethan apart, both will have to make a decision that could change their lives forever. Is new love worth putting your life on the line for someone you've just met?

4 comments:

wsxwhx718 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Allie Boniface said...

Thanks so much for having me here today!

Brynna Curry said...

Welcome, Allie! Thanks for being our guest.

Diane Craver said...

I loved One Night in Memphis. Dakota and Ethan are great characters that readers will want to root for and will enjoy following them thru all kinds of stressful situations, hoping they will get together. It's a must read in my opinion.