We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, June 18, 2010

VBT Heat in the Outback

YGR: Welcome! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

I live on the east coast of Australia. I’m married to a lovely man who supports my writing career. I really can’t say when I’m not writing, because my mind is constantly working overtime thinking of characters and plots. I swim, take long walks, snorkel, photograph everything in sight, and on many occasions take a flight with my husband, as he is a private pilot. My published novels are contemporary romance, with an underlying message.

YGR: ‘Heat in the Outback’ is your newest release. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?
‘Heat in the Outback’ is about one woman’s journey to overcome regret and discovering ‘usually what you’re searching for is right before your eyes’.
Sarah Munro returns home to tie up her father’s legal affairs and to sell the property she fled a decade ago, only to find Ethan, the boy she loved; now a man firmly entrenched in her family home. The painful choice Sarah was forced to make all those years ago refuses to stay buried and forgotten and no matter how hard she tries to ignore it, Ethan can still make her knees weak with just a single glance.
YGR: What inspired you to write the novel?

I used to live in the Outback, as well as rural Australia. I wanted to write a story based where I used to live. My grandmother lived in this area and this story is for her. She is no longer with us anymore, but probably shining down over me. 

YGR: Is romance the only genre you write? If so why?

I write contemporary romance, but I’ve just finished a romantic suspense. All my stories have a romantic element. I love the feeling of escapism, the feeling of disconnecting from the world, to dive into a romantic journey leaving me with that Happy Ever After. After all, romance is universal.

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?
I have recently finished my romantic suspense, ‘Forgotten Memories’ which is based from the coast to the Outback. I’m hoping it will find a home soon.

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?

If you have that desire within to write, don’t give up. Learn and study everything you can about the genre you want to write. Know it inside and out and persevere. But remember when you are published the road is not any easier.


YGR: What is your writing process like?

I find a main plot, and then draw up character sheets. Once I have this sorted I write chapter one to around chapter thirteen on a piece of paper and briefly write what will happen in each chapter. This is a guide only and generally, it works out. I undertake research if need be, and gather pictures of my characters, pictures of scenery, and houses which helps prompt my mind when needed.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?

I think the mind is a wonderful storehouse. I find I have many stories in my mind waiting to jump into my computer.

YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read?

I love the Outback stories. I also love Nora Roberts, Stephanie Myers. The list is endless. I love a good story with a hard road to travel, ending with that Happy Ever After. Lately I have been reading a little paranormal and enjoying it immensely.


YGR: What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?

I’m not sure about weird.  But I wanted to fly over the mountains in the west. I had to know how my heroine would feel. Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you that I hate flying over mountains. It’s scary flying so close to mountains knowing if something happens you’re on your own. Hubby said he had an idea it was for research as I always ask, “Can we go around the mountains.” I got the feeling all right. The word fear is not enough to describe how I felt, but I preserved all in the name of research. 

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?
You can find out more about me at, http://www.suzannebrandyn.com http://www.suzanne-brandyn.blogspot.com I am also on face book under Suzanne Brandyn.

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?

My website is updated frequently. Here, you can find where to purchase my novels, and any news of upcoming releases.

Blurb:
The soaring temperature in the Outback is not the only heat Sarah Munro faces when she returns home for her father’s funeral. She wants to settle his affairs, sell the family’s homestead, Munro Cattle Station, and return to Sydney, and her fiancé, as quickly as possible. Sarah doesn’t want anyone to find out what she’d done in the past. She wants to close this chapter of her life for good. Then there will never be a reason to return to this dusty one horse town. She is wrong!
Ethan Wade, her first love is at the homestead. Ethan claims he owns half of Munro Station. Sarah wants him out! As they try to settle their differences, a raging attraction ignites.
Will Sarah and Ethan find each other again as their past explodes before them?

Suzanne Brandyn lives on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, the east coast of Australia. Born in the country, raised in cities, she now lives amidst the peace and quiet of a small seaside town. In the warmer months of the year, you will find her walking along the beach or sitting under the shade of a palm tree. It is here she dreams her stories and moulds her characters toward that Happily Ever After.
‘Heat in the Outback’ is Suzanne’s first book with Eternal Press; she is also published by The Wild Rose Press.


Excerpt
His right hand swung for the screen door. At that moment, he caught a glimpse of red sandals, anchored to long silky legs, swinging over the edge of the sofa. He bent and peered through the window to get a better view.
His mouth twisted to one side as he stared at red painted toenails. He gulped against tightness in his throat, then jerked back before swinging the door open and stepping into the house.
He had to get hold of himself. His heart bashed against his ribcage, forcing him to take a moment to compose himself.
He’d thought about this day for ten long years and could scarcely believe the confrontation was going to take place. Then he heard her sniffle and blow her nose. Taking a cautious step forward toward the lounge-room door, he turned in her direction.
His heart belted much harder against his chest, his muscles locked, and blood pounded through his veins. How in the hell was he going to handle this?

4 comments:

Karlene Blakemore-Mowle said...

Lovely interview Suzanne! I think you were very brave all in the name of research!I love your books and settings in which you write them are always breath taking. Look forward to more of your books soon!

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Hi Karlene,

Thank you for stopping by. :) And I hope there is many more to come.

taryna.berry said...

Loved following your posts. I'm waiting until the print book is out, as I have your last one. I prefer the hard copy.

Look forward to more great work from you.

Tarnya.

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Hi Tarnya,

Thank you for your comments, and thanks for stopping by.

Suzanne