We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Welcome Author Pamela Hearon...


YGR: Welcome! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.
Pamela: After several years of writing (and getting very used to waiting), everything started happening at one time for me. I was offered contracts on two books in different genres from two different publishers, and the books came out within four months of each other. Then, the same month that the second book came out, I signed with an agent. The years of patiently waiting paid off well!

YGR: His Hotness is your newest release. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?
Pamela: His Hotness (from The Wild Rose Press) is a romantic comedy about a young woman who develops a rating scale to help her find the man of her dreams—His Hotness. But scales have been known to lie … and so have men.

YGR: What inspired you to write the novel?
Pamela: I have what’s been described as a “quirky” outlook on life, and I wanted to try my hand at romantic comedy. My husband and I met on a golf course. I always thought it was a unique place to meet, so I started playing around with the idea of the worst (funny) thing that could happen during a first meeting in such a setting. His Hotness was born.

YGR: Is romantic comedy the only genre you write? If so why?
Pamela: No, my first book, The Timestone Key, is a romantic Arthurian fantasy released from Lyrical Press.

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?
Pamela: Always! I’m currently hard at work on a single-title, contemporary series that centers around characters from the Kentucky Lake area of western Kentucky. I’m from that area, and it’s so much fun getting to write about a place I know and love so much.

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?
Pamela: Write about something you’re passionate about, and don’t sit on your manuscripts. Send them out, learn from the rejections, and keep writing. Practice is a requirement to get better at anything.

YGR: What is your writing process like?
Pamela: I start with a basic idea and one of the main characters, usually. The next step is to find the perfect counterpart as the other main character who will bring conflict and ultimately love. I plan the turning points, but that’s about as much plotting as I do. My daily process is to go to bed with my current story on my mind. When I get up, my brain is brimming with ideas, so I do my best writing in the mornings. And I’m one of those people who writes pretty much all the time—in my head.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?
Pamela: I have an active imagination, so inspiration can come to me out of mundane things — a statement I hear, a memory, a news story, a place I visit — anything that gets me to wondering “What if ..?”
YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read?
Pamela: I’m an avid reader. For escape, I always turn to fiction. I love romance, especially romantic comedy and time travel. I also read historical fiction, mystery, adventure, and I still love the classics.

YGR: What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
Pamela: I traipsed across a sheep field in England (having to mind my step very carefully) to get to an ancient burial site. I also had to use a wild grape vine to bungee my way down a steep drop-off to get to the site of a moss-covered stone beside the River Camel. It’s supposed to mark the fall of a great warrior legends say was King Arthur.

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?
Pamela: www.pamelahearon.com and FaceBook.

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?
www.thewildrosepress.com

www.lyricalpress.com

2 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

You met your DH on a gold course? I met mine in a taxi cab. You just never know. But what great inspiration you got from it.
You swung on a grapevine? Glad you made it!
Ain't research fun!

Pamela Hearon said...

Oh, a taxi cab meeting could lead to all sorts of wonderful stories. Now you've got my brain spinning, Mary:-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Pamela