We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome Cornelia Amiri...

YGR: Welcome! Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

I write tales of long swords, hot heroes, and warrior women. I love the ancient Celts and I’m the author of nine Celtic/Romance books, Druid Bride, Timeless Voyage, Queen of Kings, A Fine Cauldron of Fish , Druid Quest, The Fox Prince, The Vixen Princess, Danger is Sweet, and One Heart One Way. Under the name Maeve Alpin, I have a Steampunk/Romance, As Timeless As Stone. I am drawn to Historical/Romance because of the mysteries of the past. I enjoy reveling lost secrets of days gone by, the challenge of making the unfamiliar familiar. I mainly write Celtic/Romance because I am so inspired and fascinated by the culture of the ancient Celts and the mist and magic of Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. I ‘ve loved the Celtic Culture since I was five and saw the Disney movie The Sword and the Stone. Speaking of movies, my new release, Druid Bride is set against the same historical backdrop of 1st century AD Scotland as the new movie, Centurion.

YGR: Druid Bride is your newest release. Can you give us a glimpse into the book?

Druid Bride is a mystical, romantic tale, full of adventure that will sweep you away to another place and time, 1st century AD Scotland. The hero is a hot, Pictish warrior, Brude, his shoulder length hair is thick from lime wash and spiked like a hedgehog’s, with strands ranging from dark brown to a golden hue. Danger shines in his alluring grin and the gleam of his brown eyes. He is tall, young, muscular, well built and his body is covered with blue, Pictish woad tattoos of Celtic beast and curving symbols. The heroine is a Druidess from Britannia, and Boudica (the warrior queen’s granddaughter). Tanwen has long, straight, copper toned red hair and large green eyes, she wears the white gold speckled robe of a druidess. They are physically attracted to each other and they respect each other. But they do not trust each other.

Here’s the blurb:
She carried the seed of rebirth, so what had fallen would rise again. The ghost of her ancestor sent Druidess Tanwen from Britannia to the strange foreign tribe of the Caledonii to wed Brude, son of the chief. But Brude is not about to marry a druidess, even though she has the most beautiful body he’s ever seen. Never mind if his blood boils and he can’t stop thinking of her. He will not wed her. Yet the fate of Caledonia rests in the hands of the Warrior and the Druidess. Will they put their differences aside to fulfill their destiny?

YGR: Do you have anything new in the works?

I recently submitted an Erotica/Celtic/Romance novella set in ancient England during Samhain. It’s a Celtic twist to a Halloween/Werewolf story. The heroine is a druidess and the hero is a Welsh god. And I also recently submitted an Erotica/Romance set during the 1969 Woodstock Festival. I had such fun writing that. I hope to hear good news on those. And I’m working on my second Steampunk/Romance, set in Victorian London, the heroine’s a ghost, and my 10th Celtic/Romance, a paranormal set in ancient Wales, the hero is a Welsh god. Both of those are works in progress right now.

YGR: What advice would you give unpublished writers?

Never stop writing, put your inner-editor aside and finish the rough draft. Find your unique author voice and go with it, always. Never give up, following a dream is always hard work, but it's the only way to truly live.

YGR: What is your writing process like?

Once I have my idea (my premise), I pick a plot to go with it. Then I work up character charts on the hero and heroine, which include information on their family history and their likes and dislikes. Then, with a fairly good idea about the beginning and ending in my head, I begin the rough draft.

YGR: Where do you get your inspiration?

The ideas come from everywhere, a dream, or something someone, or a historical event. Speaking of history, it was a historical figure, the Warrior Queen Boudica, who inspired me to write professionally. I love history and in reading a book about the dark ages I came across Boudica. I was so impressed by her, I started jotting down notes, but they were fiction, about how I envisioned it to have happened. Before I knew it, I had written a rough draft for a novel.

YGR: When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read?

My absolute favorite is Celtic/historical/paranormal novels like the ones written by Morgan Llewellyn, Jules Watson, Manda Scott, and Marion Zimmer Bradley.

YGR: Where can we find you on the net?

http://www.CelticRomanceQueen.com
YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?

http://www.eternalpress.biz/people.php?author=245

8 comments:

Kristabel Reed said...

I love Scottish stories. :) Sounds lke you've done some great research, do you use the internet or book? I ask because I'm really hoping you say 'books' so I can beg you to share some titles.

Maeve Alpin said...

Thank you so much Kristabel. I've read a lot of books about the ancient Celts that have given me a good foundation. I use the internet to fill in tiny facts here and there. One of the books I sue the most, so much so the pages are ruffled and abused looking, is The Celtic Druids'Year. For Druid Bride I also used Pictish Warrior

Thanks,
Cornelia Amiri
Sorry google is posting me under a pen name I use for Steampunk/Romance - Maeve Alpin

Cornelia said...

Hi everyone,

Please post questions or comments. I work a day job but when I get back tonight, I will answer every post. Thank you so much.

thanks,

Cornelia Amiri

Margaret West said...

I love all things paranormal. Good luck with your book. Great interview.

Lorrie said...

Lovely post. Sounds like a yummy read. I'll get my sticky little fingers on it soon.
Thanks for sharing.

Cornelia said...

Hi Lorrie,

Thank you!!! I appreciate those kind words so much.

Cornelia said...

Everyone, you heard it hear first. You know the question per the interview above - Do you have anything new in the works? - the Celtic/Werewolf Halloween story set in Ancient Wales was accepted today by Eternal Press.

Cate Masters said...

Wonderful interview. The Druid Bride sounds intriguing. Congrats on your release, and your new contract!