We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome Author Brynna Curry...

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010

Welcome Author Brynna Curry...

YGR: Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown?

BRYNNA: I was born in Russellville, Alabama, but I moved around alot from Tennessee to different places in Alabama, always the new kid. We finally landed in Haleyville, Alabama, after my parents divorced, where I graduated high school. I married my high school sweetheart and we settled in the rural area of Haleyville near Bear Creek with our son L.J. and two daughters, Anna and Kayla.

It's quiet here and always very green in the summer with all the trees on the property. The temperature tends to soar into the triple digits in July tempered by afternoon thunder showers, in fact it's pouring down rain right now. I love the sound of rain on a metal roof. It's very calming and good for naps, when you can get away with taking one. *smiles*

YGR: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

BRYNNA: I always wanted to be a writer, but I wanted to write screenplays and act in them (lofty dreams). My cousin and I would act out skits and then scribble it down later. I also took modeling classes as a teenager (with hopes of gaining some coordination, lol.) but those didn't lead anywhere either. What those did give me were a good grasp of dialogue as well as a sense of imagery.

YGR: What do you do for fun?

BRYNNA: Little projects on my house, we are still remodeling. I try to spend the weekends getting as much done as possible. Sometimes you really need to work with your hands and give your mind a rest. I also like to read and play video games with the kids. Legend of Zelda is my favorite (the windwaker version.)

YGR: How has your environment/ upbringing colored your writing?

BRYNNA: I grew up in a very stressed, sometimes violent environment. My father was a band director and about every two years, he would either quit or get fired from his job, so we moved alot. He was bi-polar and ranged from suicidal to homicidal with no in-between. The only time he was any form of normal was when he was teaching music. I used books as an escape and began reading things way out of my age range so I'd have to work harder to get the story. I try to pack as much imagery in my writing as possible and the wilder the story the better.

YGR: Tell us about your latest book. Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

BRYNNA: Right now I'm in the middle of writing my Elemental Magic series. Earth Enchanted (book 1) is available now and To Take Up the Sword (book 2) is scheduled to be released September 6, 2010. Wait for the Wind (book 3) will be releasing sometime in January with Sea's Sorceress (book 4) and Fire's Ice (book 5) releasing in April and August respectively.

Available now!
EARTH ENCHANTED (BOOK 1)
Genre: Paranormal/Romance
Length: Novel
Digital Publication Date: December 7, 2009

When telepath meets ex-cop, will it be death or diamonds.


Writer Liv Corrigan has the worst luck with men -- her telepathy tends to make them run for the hills. When she meets widower and ex-cop Jack Roarke, she decides to keep her talent hidden. Things are looking up until their third date crashes and burns as the man who murdered Jack’s wife turns out to be after him too.
Injured, Jack retreats with Liv to his house under armed guard. But with Liv’s mysteries rapidly coming unraveled, a diamond-thief killer to stop and passion in the air, the safe house is anything but safe for their hearts!

Available now!
TO TAKE UP THE SWORD
Genre: Romance
Length: Short
Digital Publication Date: September 6, 2010

Missing diamonds and a killer on the loose…will a schoolteacher and FBI agent escape with their lives and hearts intact?

After the acquittal of Gueraldi's right hand and favored killer for hire, Ashton Smythe, Special Agent Gabriel Spiller takes time away from his work with the FBI. Having failed in his mission to avenge his lost would be lover, Serena Roarke, Gabe returns to Alabama in search of the missing diamonds needed to reopen the investigation and to lay low from the death threats he's received since Smythe went free.

Almost two years after her sister's death, Leannan O'Neal feels the loss of Serena more now than ever. A secret meeting between them before she died left Lea with an ugly figurine and nothing but questions. Hang-up calls at work and a trashed house reminds her of the card Serena gave her. "If you find yourself in trouble, go to him and only him" were the last words her sister spoke to her.

With Smthye out for revenge and hot on her heels, Lea goes on the run in search of Serena's 'Angel', but how long can Gabe keep her alive, and is the cost worth more than her life?

To learn more about the series, visit http://www.lyricalpress.com/brynna_curry



YGR: Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?

BRYNNA: Not as yet, but if something really interests me I might. I really don't watch the news much. It's depressing and puts me out of the writing mood.

YGR: How much of your work is real? How much is fantasy?

BRYNNA: I write paranormal, so most is fantasy, but every now and then I set a story in a real place or use a face I've seen before as a character model.

YGR: Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?

Releases in January
BRYNNA: Love scenes. I still can't write them without blushing (OK so I turn really red in the face and eye everyone in the room to make sure they aren't reading the screen.) I save those for last, when I really know my characters well.

YGR: How did you deal with rejection letters?

BRYNNA: Consoled myself with garlic bread cheese pizza and cookie dough ice cream (my favorites), got mad, got over it, and got to work to make the story better.

YGR: Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?

BRYNNA: If I can't read it while I'm eating, the scene has to go.lol Seriously though, I have a cardinal set of rules in place. I try to let my characters (those who must die) die in peace or at least quickly (unless they deserve worse.) As for erotic content, if it were a movie would it be R or X rated. I rarely ever write anything in the latter category and if it skews that direction, I clean it up.

YGR: Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?

BRYNNA: Yes. I've spent a lot of time over the last few years researching werewolves, vampires, and magic (As in I researched wicca and witchcraft.)

YGR: Which is your favorite of the books you have written?
Earth Enchanted
YGR: Where can we find you on the net?
At my website http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.webs.com
I'm also on Facebook as Bethany Cagle (Author Brynna Curry) and as Brynna Curry. You can find me on Twitter, Stumble, LinkedIn and pretty much everywhere as Brynna Curry. I'm the only one *smiles* Recently, I took the position as review editor for Apollo's Lyre and I'm still here at YGR, reviewing and working behind the scenes.

YGR: Where can we find out more about your books?
As Brynna Curry http://www.lyricalpress.com/brynna_curry
And as Brianna Roarke http://redrosepublishing.com/books/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=216&products_id=257

Thanks for letting me chat with you today. Be blessed.
Brynna Curry

Crave the Magic!
http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.webs.com/.webs.com