We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Author Carol Preflatish...

Thanks so much for hosting here today.

Where do you hail from?
I'm from rural southern Indiana and live not far from the Ohio River. My husband and I live in a log home with a dog and a cat.

What do you do for fun?
 I love to go camping and my husband and I like to shoot guns. It helps that we live so far out in the country that we don't have real close neighbors that are bothered by the sounds of shooting.

Tell us about your latest book.  
My latest book is called "Love, Lies & Deceit." It's a romantic suspense about a CIA officer Jason Reid, who gets arrested for treason. For help, he turns to the one person he has learned to trust, Julie McBride, his rookie trainee and also the one person he was not supposed to fall in love with. How can she turn him away? She loves him, too. Together, they travel the United States and France to find who set Jason up and to prove his innocence.

Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
I just finished a book that I am in the process of editing right now and hope to get it sent out to a publisher soon. It's about a big city magazine writer who travels to a small town in Indiana to write an article about a 30-year old mystery that was never solved. Of course, she finds the local sheriff to be very helpful, in more ways than one.

Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?
I'm always saving stories that I read about for possible use in a book. I'm working on a plot for my next manuscript now and have been printing off the news stories about those prisoners that escaped in Arizona. I plan on there being a prison escape in that book. 

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
The hardest thing I have found out about writing a novel is the marketing after the book has been released. I probably spend an hour or two almost every night doing online marketing for my book.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
 Don't be discouraged if those rejection letters come in. I received what seemed like tons of them on my first manuscript. I even received a few on my book that was eventually published.

How did you deal with the rejection letters?
Well, I didn't do the happy dance when they came in, but I kept up my confidence that somewhere out there was a publisher for my book and I would eventually find them. If I was lucky enough to get a personal reply from a publisher, I took advantage of any advice they gave and honed my manuscript.

What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?
 I think you must have Internet access for research. I try extensively to research the locations that I am writing about, if I am not familiar with them. I'm also a pencil and paper kind of writer. I love the feel of creating by writing in longhand, so I always have notepads and pencils within reach around the house.

Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?
The book I just finished writing is loosely based on a legend near where I live about a family that mysteriously disappeared about 50 years ago. No one ever found out what happened to them, although there has been much speculation. I have been intrigued by that mystery ever since I was a child.

Where can we find you on the net?
My web page - http://CarolPre.webs.com
My blog - http://CarolPre.blogspot.com
My Twitter page - http://twitter.com/cpreflatish
My Amazon Author page - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003I3O7FU

Where can we find out more about your books?
There's information on my web page with a buy link to it at Red Rose Publishing and it's also available on http://www.amazon.com as a kindle download.

Thank you again for hosting me here today. I've enjoyed my time.

Thanks for joining us, Carol!

No comments: