We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Welcome Guest Carolyn Matkowsky...


YGR:  Welcome!  Tell us a little about yourself and your books.

YGR:  Murder, Mi Amore and Cursed Mates are your newest releases.  Can you give us a glimpse into the books?

CM:  Murder, Mi Amore, is a romantic suspense novella set almost entirely in Rome, Italy. An American, Lexie Cortese, is in Rome to forget a hurtful breakup. The last thing she expects is to meet a sexy Interpol agent who suspects her of being part of a terrorist plot involving a stolen diamond. Dominic Brioni's assignment is simple. Befriend the American and bring her to justice. Only Lexie seems the most unlikely terrorist Dominic has ever met.


Cursed Mates is a paranormal romance set in a strange little town in Maine called Heavensent. Nick Radford is a reluctant werewolf who's been battling the Beast within for 500 years. The Beast is gaining strength and Nick may not be able to ward off his inner demon much longer. Kyla Yaeger is an elite were-hunter with a scarred past. Her quest to slay the werewolves who slaughtered her parents has brought her to Heavensent where she's ordered to kill the werewolf terrorizing the town. The last thing she needs is to be distracted by her mysterious and hunky new neighbor, Nick Radford.

YGR:  What inspired you to write the novel?

CM:  For Murder, Mi Amore, I answered a submission call from The Wild Rose Press. They were looking for romantic suspense stories involving a stolen blue diamond. The stories could be set anywhere in the world. I'd recently gone to Italy, and I love romantic suspense. I decided to use the exotic locales in Italy and write a story about an innocent American thrust into a world of murders, kidnappings and terrorists. I had such fun writing this book. I love to put my characters in danger and see how they wiggle out. And I love Lexie and Dominic. Dominic is so sexy and protective.

Cursed Mates started as a dare to myself. Could I write a story about witches, demons, were creatures and were-hunters? It started out as a light paranormal, then got darker and darker. I got wrapped up in this story and fell in love with my characters. Now, every time I see a full moon, I think of Nick. At times I got too wrapped up in the darkness of my story and scared myself. 

YGR:  Is fantasy erotic romance the only genre you write?  If so why?
CM:  I write romantic suspense, traditional romance and now paranormal. I also write short romance stories for the confession magazines. I haven't tried my hand yet at fantasy erotic romance, but Cursed Mates is a fantasy and it's very sexy.

YGR:  Do you have anything new in the works?

CM:  I've just finished a sweet romance novella. After writing dark as in Murder, Mi Amore, with the murderers and thieves and Cursed Mates with demons and werewolves, I needed to go into the light for a while.

YGR:  What advice would you give unpublished writers?

CM:  Read what you love. Write what you love. Go to conferences and workshops and keep an open mind. Learn all you can. And if your dream is to be a published writer, NEVER give up. Writers who give up never publish. 

YGR:  What is your writing process like?
CM:  I'm not sure I have one. An idea will come to me and I'll think about it for a few days or a week. When I'm exercising, I'll let my mind roam and come up with the characters, motivation and goals. Once I get something fairly concrete, I'll do character sketches. I do these in longhand in a notebook. In the beginning I work out story kinks in longhand and not the computer. I used to write the entire first draft in longhand, but I don't do that any more.

YGR:  Where do you get your inspiration?
CM:  Everywhere. From something I read in a book or newspaper. From something I hear on the news. I write the stories I want to read. Sometimes I'll think, "I'd really like to read a story about..." and I'll write it.

YGR:  When you set aside your work in progress for the day, what sort of books do you like to read
CM:  Romance, all romance. Any sub-genre. I like them all. Every once in a while I'll read a biography of someone I find interesting. And I read books on writing. I have subscriptions to several magazines-news magazines, fashion magazines, entertainment magazines. My tastes are eclectic.

YGR:  Where can we find you on the net?
CM:  My website is:  www.caramarsi.com I love to hear from readers. I can be contacted through my website.

YGR:  Where can we find out more about your books?
CM:  Both books are available on Amazon and other online booksellers.
Murder, Mi Amore from The Wild Rose Press:
Cursed Mates from Noble Romance Publishing:

Here's the buy link for Murder, Mi Amore:



No comments: