We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome Author Michael Mandrake


1.      Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown? Chicago, Illinois. The big city of Chitown is accessible to everything.

2.      What do you do for fun? I write fanfiction, I facebook a lot. When I am in the mood for company I go out with friends, concerts, shopping.

3.      Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it? Well, my latest book is my first sole author release, True Meaning of Love. It is a sweet tale about a gay couple from Brighton who is faced with a challenge after having a very silly argument that could have been solved by a compromise. The story is emotional, short, and hot.

I do have more things in the works. I have several short stories coming out in anthologies for various publishers. I have two for Valentine’s Day to come out soon. Jude’s Gift for Valentine’s Day in the holiday collection for XOXO and Only When I Lose Myself part of the Valentine’s Day for Sizzler Intoxication. The first is a vampire tale that I hope to write more about later. An M/M story involving an immortal that falls for a human who wishes that he be his companion but the mortal is not ready to be turned. The other is a gay contemporary about a musician who is determined to have a man by Valentine’s day. Both stories are erotic with heat levels at about 5.
4.      What advice would you give to writers just starting out? To never give up and stick with it. Do not let the rejections get you down because there will be many. Unfortunately, there will just be some that will not want the story you have even if you feel it is perfect. Once it gets that “no” try it with another publisher. Several of my tales including this one have gotten refused on the first try.

5.      Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it? I never suffer from writer’s block, knock on wood. It is because of what a fellow writer and friend told me. She said, if you are stuck on a particular story, it is because your character does not like the direction of the tale. GO back, reread, and see if you are satisfying your characters. Once you do this, you should be able to continue the story.

6.      How did you deal with rejection letters? I keep them all online and they serve as a reminder that I am human.

7.      Which is your favorite of the books you have written? The story I love is actually a short that I will be expanding on called Sugar Daddy. It is an M/M tale about a young white man in college who would like to date an older black man because he wants hot sex and financial security. This tale will be published in the Who’s Your Daddy anthology for STARbooks press to come out in the spring.

8.      Where can we find you on the net? Several places: My blogs, http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com for Michael Mandrake, http://rawiyaserotica.blogspot.com for Rawiya/Blmorticia and I am also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1444678758532&set=a.1273285073797.2037340.1280025449#!/pages/Taboos-and-Perversions/167272349970337

Thank you You Gotta Read Reviews for having me today.

2 comments:

Rawiya said...

Thank you for having me... :)

Author Brynna Curry said...

Great interview!