We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcome Author Mia Natasha

Hi everyone.  I’m Mia Natasha, the author of Cinderella Club, a BDSM erotic romance published by eXcessica.  It’s such a privilege to be here.  Thanks for having me!  I began writing in 2008, after a reporter questioned whether I would consider using sexual themes in my artwork.  It just happened.  I don’t know how else to describe it. 

I mean, I’m a painter who works with visual language.  But the more I wrote, the more I realized that these same ideas I had been toying with in my art could manifest into fiction.  Everything in Cinderella Club has a basis in fact.  No, it’s not an actual place, of course.  I’m talking about the characters, their names, their jobs, their fantasies….  It was like all of my dreams came together to produce the product.  Like a synthesis.
With my abstract paintings, when I look at them, I remember not what I was thinking when I made them, but how I was feeling.  Cinderella Club is more than that.  It’s absolutely a culmination of dreams.  Bringing together my love of fashion, art, sex, exercise, ethnicity, and Rogers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella all tied together with a pretty little bondage-style bow.  Thoughts, feelings, phenomenological encounters – all of it!  It was a way for me to make sense of everything.  Like the book became a vortex for every little random vision I’ve ever held.  They became sorted together and crystallized.

Does that make any sense to you?  Because writing is art to me.  Lately it feels like something I had been always meant to do.  I used to write stories in a little spiral notebook when I was a tween.  No one encouraged me, most likely because I never shared them.  It was my secret special thing.  Just like all the other existentialists, I jumped on The Secret’s bandwagon.  I looked at my School Years scrapbook.  Everytime it said, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I’d written a Writer.  I don’t really know what had happened to that dream.  I pursued art and have had success in the field but something was missing, I guess.  A little voice inside of me told me to start writing again.  I listened.  And look at me now.  I’ve written two-and-a-half novels and about ten short stories.  Cinderella Thyme, my sequel/prequel is finished and is in the queue at eXcessica as soon as they re-open for submissions. 

Currently I’m working on a novel called Jude’s Whore.  It’s an erotic time-travel story – very controversial.  Up next is the continuation of a story I’d first published on www.literotica.com, called Dr. Cockburn’s Medicine.  And I hope to start on the final Cinderella book, tentatively titled Cinderella Ending, in the summer.  Big plans for a writing non-writer.  I guess I’m not stopping anytime soon.
The best part about writing is receiving feedback.  Cinderella Club is a very long book so I’m always psyched when people tell me they’ve read it (let alone love it).  It took two years to write.  Two years of living with it in my head, sorting through ideas, writing and rewriting.  Time spent alone.  That’s what I love about reading and writing - it’s something you discover alone, but once everyone has done that the information is shared.  A secret shared experience.  Today is the book’s six-month anniversary.  It was released on August 6, 2011.  Honestly, it was one of the happiest days of my life.  A dream come true. Don’t you love secrets?

My latest piece of fiction is in a contest on literotica.com.  It’s called Nose & Toes.  Feel free to read, vote and leave a comment!

Cinderella Club is available on Amazon.com and excessica.com.  
It can be purchased as an e-book and in print.


No comments: