We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blog tour - Laina Turner-Molaski

1.        Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown? Clio, Michigan. It was a great place to grow up as it was (and is) a close community with great people.
2.        As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career? I wanted to drive a semi-truck like the snowman in Smokey and the Bandit. My second choice was to work at Taco Bell. Luck for me I chose to go into teaching.
3.        What do you do for fun? Work. Ha ha. I love spending time with my kids, listening to music, loosing myself in books and movies.
4.        How has your environment/ upbringing colored your writing? I was an only child and as such had quite a vivid imagination. My mother was also an English teacher so I grew up loving to read. It was the family past-time.
5.        Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it? Chiczofrenia – crazy is an art form is a memoir of sorts. I wrote about how women, we try to be all to everyone and that’s just not always possible. That its ok not to be perfect but it’s also ok to try and have it all. We can change our minds daily because we are women and we are fabulous.
6.        How did you come up with the title for your book(s)? A few of the books I have create Internet contests and revived input that way. My book Chiczofrenia my ex-husband cam up with that one. And I do credit him in the acknowledgements.
7.        Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work? Of course because life is must stranger than fiction.
8.       How much of your work is real? How much is fantasy? My fiction books are all fiction, the events anyways. I do weave in my love of shoes, coffee, shopping…those type things.
9.        Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing? Starting on it daily. I procrastinate and tell myself I have nothing to say. When I finally start I can’t stop.
10.     What advice would you give to writers just starting out? Don’t stop. What you’re writing isn’t nearly as bad as you think it is.
11.      Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it? All the time. I ignore it and have a glass of wine, something sweet, see a movie and come back the next day. I know it will get done eventually.
12.     Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life? Patricia Cornwell is an amazingly gifted author. She writes in a genre I couldn’t even begin to touch. I have a lot of admiration for her skill.
13.     How did you deal with rejection letters? With humor. If I didn’t I would have stopped writing. I feel sorry for them that they have no taste and pass on my books.
14.     What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers? Post-its and colored pens. Also a notebook you can carry around with you at all times. You never know when the mood will hit.
15.     Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content? I don’t really. I do a lot of book reviews for other authors and I will review anything. Yes, it can be hard not to let personal taste overcome objectivity but I don’t want to shelter myself from the art that is out there. I don’t have to like it or agree with it to appreciate it.
16.     Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas? No, not that it’s not a good idea but my writing isn’t really that style.
17.     Which is your favorite of the books you have written? My first, Stilettos & Scoundrels, simply because it’s my first. Not my best by far but it’s my baby.
18.     What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research? Made all my fmale friends read my fiction books which is completely for a female demographic. I figured if they could choke it down it might not be that bad.
19.     Where can we find you on the net? www.lainaturner.com or www.chiczofrenic.com
20.    Where can we find out more about your books? www.lainaturner.com/store Chiczofrenic


Chiczofrenia – crazy is an art form – released January 2011.
Chiczofrenic is the term for the woman who is purposeful and intentional in how crazy her life may be. The goal with this book is to recognize many women drive themselves crazy, intentionally, by trying to be all they can. I firmly believe we can have it all. A great relationship, being a great mom, keeping a good house (if that’s important to you), being a career woman, following your dreams, working out, eating right, and many more. Women seem to have the knack for how to manage it all and not go crazy. Women seem to always take on more and more…and are successful at it.
Women have tried forever to pretend they fit in the norm even when the norm wasn’t what they wanted. I want women to embrace that more - without caring what anyone thinks. Learn to laugh at your own craziness and be cool at the same time. Be the strong individual you want to be while looking like a million bucks.
Being a woman is difficult and is a constant evolution and journey of self discovery. It’s not always an easy journey and through the process you realize everyone has her own issues. Her own brand of crazy, which is my own kind of normal. Crazy but embracing it.
ISBN: 978-0-578-07034-6
Book: $14.95 Available on www.lainaturner.com
E-Book: $9.95 Available on Kindle and Smashwords

No comments: