We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome Author Wynter Daniels! Giveaway Today!

1.         Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown?
I live in Orlando, Florida. I love the warm weather, but more than that, I hate the cold, so Orlando’s (normally) mild winters are perfect.

2.      As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

Honestly, I wanted to be an archeologist. I loved fossils and ruins and all things ancient. I think part of what made that career appealing was the ability to peel away layers to find what lay beneath. I try to do that with characters in my books – peel away the layers of what makes them who they are. So I guess I’ve realized that dream to some degree.

My parents tell me when I was six or seven I spoke of becoming a stripper!!! after I saw something about one in a movie (although I can’t imagine them letting me watch anything like that!)

3.      What do you do for fun?

I love to read, of course. I also enjoy movies, crafts, entertaining and occasionally going to the gun range to shoot with my husband. Mostly I am a homebody who loves being around my two cats and my family and friends.

4.      Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

I’m really excited about Protective Custody, which is out today from Carina Press, my first with them. I love this book – the hero and heroine and especially the villains. Here’s a little about it:
            Megan Jackson witnessed a brutal murder but since the police find no body, they label her a nut case. When the killer starts taunting her, she seeks the help of her former boyfriend, PI Will McCoy. 
            Will jumps at the chance to help the woman who broke his heart. When the killer ramps up the stakes, Will is forced to take Megan into hiding. Can he keep her alive long enough to win her heart back?
I just finished up the third in a series featuring brothers who run a private security firm. Each brother has his own story and I can’t tell you which one is the hottest. I’m in love with all of them!

5.      Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?

The discipline of sitting at the computer to knock out a word count every day can be daunting. Although honestly, I love writing and I can’t imagine doing anything else now.

6.      What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

Read everything you can get your hands on, take online and in-person writing classes to hone your craft. Most importantly, DON’T GIVE UP. You’ll surely never get published if you throw in the towel.

7.      Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life?

That’s tough – I have so many. I love Allison Brennan, Lorna Landvik, Tate Hallaway and Linda Howard. Lorna Landvik’s Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons and Patty Jane’s House of Hair both made me want to create poignant characters and rich stories.

8.      How did you deal with rejection letters?

They hurt – no doubt about it. But when agents and editors took the time to send me feedback, you can bet I worked on whatever they suggested. When I got a detailed rejection from one of my top pick agents, I took all her advice then asked her to take another look. When she did, she signed me.
 
9.      Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?

Absolutely. I draw lots of ideas from reading the news. Mythologies from many cultures include basic human struggles with emotions like greed, lust, passion and justice. Most romances include similar core stories where those emotions are key.

10.  Which is your favorite of the books you have written?

Another tough question, like choosing which one of my children I love most! Protective Custody is definitely one of my favorites along with one of my alter ego’s books, The Kitten Club, a book that still generates the most fan mail.

11.  What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?

Um, probably asking my husband to help me map out certain sexual positions to make sure they are possible. He loves it when I ask him to come into my office and kneel here or sit this way, etc. But he doesn’t love it so much after I figure out the logistics and basically tell him, ‘thanks, now leave so I can write the scene.’

12.  Where can we find you on the net?

www.WynterDaniels.com. From there you can find links to my blogs, eHarlequin Community page and lots more. I’m also on Twitter and Facebook as Wynter Daniels.
 Thanks for interviewing me. I love it when an interview makes me really think deeper about my work.
Protective Custody – Available from Carina Press
Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her…

Shocked by the brutal crime she witnesses through the window of her small office, Megan Jackson calls the police and is devastated when they question the truth of her story. With no body and no evidence of a crime, she’s written off as a nutcase.

Megan suspects the killer saw her face. Terrified, she calls the only person she can trust—her ex-boyfriend and former police officer, Will McCoy.

Despite a devastating breakup, Will jumps at the chance to help the woman who broke his heart. When the killer ramps up the stakes, Will is forced to take her into hiding—where the passion they once shared reignites, deeper and hotter than ever. But can Will keep Megan alive long enough to win back her heart?


Wynter Daniels lives in Central Florida with her husband of more than twenty years and their two nearly grown children. They are all the slaves of two very demanding cats. After careers in marketing and the salon industry, Wynter’s wicked prose begged to be set free. She writes for several publishers including Carina PressEllora’s CaveLoose Id. Join her Facebook fan page HERE and her Yahoo! Group HERE. She loves to hear from readers, but only if it’s good.
Buy Protective Custody HERE.
Find Wynter on the web at http://www.wynterdaniels.com/

Text Copyright © 2011 by Wynter Daniels
Cover Copyright © 2011 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited
Permission to reproduce text granted by Harlequin Books S.A. Cover Art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved. ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.


Wynter Daniels lives in Central Florida with her husband of more than twenty years and their two nearly grown children. They are all the slaves of two very demanding cats. After careers in marketing and the salon industry, Wynter’s wicked prose begged to be set free. She writes for several publishers including Carina PressEllora’s CaveLoose Id. Join her Facebook fan page HERE and her Yahoo! Group HERE. She loves to hear from readers, but only if it’s good.
Buy Protective Custody HERE.
Find Wynter on the web at http://www.wynterdaniels.com/

Text Copyright © 2011 by Wynter Daniels
Cover Copyright © 2011 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited
Permission to reproduce text granted by Harlequin Books S.A. Cover Art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved. ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.

12 comments:

MaureenAMiller said...

I love your husband's participation in your career...and his dismissal when you figure out the scene. Hahaha Poor guy!

Congratulations on the release of Protective Custody. I am looking forward to this one!

Adrienne said...

Hi Wynter. Congrats on your release. I love that you told your parents you wanted to be a stripper. Priceless!

The book sounds great. I'm off to the Carina site for my download!

Wynter Daniels said...

Maureen - don't feel too badly for my husband. I always reward him later;-)

Wynter Daniels said...

Thanks so much, Adrienne - as a parent myself now, I can only imagine how mortified my folks were with my career aspirations!

Wynter Daniels said...

Sorry for the link troubles. Here's the link to purchase Protective Custody -
http://tinyurl.com/3lrmjyt

Nicole North said...

Fantastic interview, Wynter! This looks like an awesome and suspenseful read!

Toni Anderson said...

Looks like a great series, Wynter. Congratulations on your release!

Wynter Daniels said...

Thanks, Nicole & Toni. I love release days. They have a lot in common with birthdays for me, or more like having a baby without the pain!

Cathy in AK said...

Congrats on the release! And a great interview too : )

Julie Moffett said...

Great interview, Wynter, and I totally love your cover. Another must buy to my TBR pile!! Here's wishing you much success!!

Julie Moffett

Wynter Daniels said...

Thanks so much, Julie!

June M. said...

Thank you for the interview. This book sounds really great and I would love to read it. One more book for my TBR pile/mountain.

GFC: June M.