We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome Author Lee Brazil

Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown? Currently I reside in a tiny little town in the wilds of the Illinois country side- but I just spent over ten years in Orange County CA. Prior to that, we lived around Denver, Co. I love the country pace of life. It’s so tranquil by comparison to what I’m used to. It’s beautiful and soothing.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

At first I wanted to be a lawyer. I blame that on tv. Then I wanted to be a writer. After I got my English degree, I went and tried to be a writer for a year. I discovered that there was something I liked better than reading and writing. Eating. So I went back to school and got a teaching certificate.

What do you do for fun?

I read for fun. I’m also addicted to Top Chef, Bones and Criminal Minds. My Great Dane makes sure I get plenty of exercise, and she’s also great for cuddling while reading or watching tv.

Tell us about your latest book. Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

Well, Truth or Dare book 2, Telling the Truth just released from Breathless Press. This is the story of Terry Blake, one of the over protective older brothers from Keeping House. He’s discovered a lot about himself since encountering Mischa’s friends, Trick and Dex Hyatt.

The third book, Giving Up, is coming in August. It’s also about one of the Blake brothers. Brandon has an issue with control, and he’s afraid that he’s going to lose his family if he doesn’t change.

How did you come up with the title for your book(s)?

Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?

How much of your work is real? How much is fantasy?

Pretty much all of it is fantasy, except for the firm belief in love and Happily Ever After.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?

Well now, I found Giving Up to be particularly challenging because one of the MC’s is female. I had to use words that make me blush. My beta reader insisted on it. She said that otherwise it would sound clinical instead of sexy. Can’t have that!

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

For writers just starting out, I would have to say, difficult as it may be at times, have faith in yourself. You have a story to tell, and there are people who will want to read it. Take criticism lightly, evaluate it, and use it to improve your story. Don’t take rejection or correction personally.

Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

I do. Fortunately, I have a friend who plays writing games with me when I am feeling blocked. Sometimes just having someone else to write with is all it takes.

Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life?

My favorite author is John Steinbeck. I reread his books constantly. East of Eden is my all time favorite book. As for books that influenced my life, I was particularly affected by Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. *shrugs* I was young and impressionable. The message that the individual would be the savior of the human race, was inspiring. Another one was Douglas Adam’s Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

But really, I think I was most influenced by the Original Star Trek.

How did you deal with rejection letters?

That’s a key question. Everyone has their own way of dealing with them, I suppose. I look for the positive in each one. Does it have any advice or suggestions for improving my work? If so, I reread and re-evaluate my manuscript to see if I can fine tune it. If not, I reread and see if I still think it’s a viable story. If so, I send it out again.

What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?

Writers must have- a computer, and access to the internet, a style guide ( I prefer Strunk and White and my trusty MLA- but I hear publishers like The Chicago Manual of Style). It also helps to have a selection of music, something soft and squishy to throw around… a stuffed animal… You need to have an outlet for your emotions and your energy. A thick skin and warm heart would be beneficial as well.

Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?

Cannot handle gore at all. So none. As for erotic content, I’m not sure. I’m pushing that line a little at a time. I’m not sure where it’s going to end up, but I’m pretty open minded, so we’ll see.

Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?

No, but I people watch, and a face or a posture will set my imagination racing.

Which is your favorite of the books you have written?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?

Where can we find you on the net?

You can find me at:

TWITTER

GOODREADS

FACEBOOK

Where can we find out more about your books?

You can find out all the latest about my books and what Im up to at Lee Brazil -


Telling the Truth- Truth or Dare book 2

Available at

Amazon

All Romance Ebooks

And Breathless Press

Blurb

The Blake brothers have upped the ante in their weekly poker game. The week Terry loses, he finds that paying his debt of telling the truth sets him free to pursue a fantasy he never dreamed could be reality.

Terry has lived his life according to the guidelines, by studying accounting, getting an MBA, and working for the family business. And while his work has its own rewards, something has been missing, and his eyes have only just been opened to what--or rather who--that could be.

Terry's brothers have upped the ante in their weekly poker game. A Truth or Dare challenge. Terry can handle any dare his brothers dish out, but the demand for Truth is a different matter. Unable to hide behind his pristine reputation and fancy business suit, Terry is honor bound to divulge secrets he’s been ashamed to admit even to himself in the privacy of his own bedroom.

Twins Dex and Trick have finally found acceptance for their relationship in the homes of their friends. They would never do anything to jeopardize that newfound sense of belonging. Fooling around with Mischa’s prissy, domineering, oh-so-sexy older brother is risky. A one night stand might be okay, and the boys happily indulge, but then close ranks afterward, pushing Terry aside.

Terry isn’t going to back down without a fight. He’s convinced that Dex and Trick are meant to be his, and he’ll do whatever it takes to make them realize all the safety and protection they need can be found in his arms.

Bio:

I’m an avid reader and former teacher of grammar and composition who believes that falling in love is the grandest adventure anyone can have. In a nutshell, that’s every story I have to tell.

Relocating from the crazy pace of life in Southern California's Orange County to the beautiful and leisurely atmosphere of the Illinois countryside has given me the time to indulge the desire to write that I set aside when I started teaching fourteen years ago. Readers can find out more about me and my writing by visiting me at my blog, http://leebrazilauthor.blogspot.com/ or finding me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001551666797. Feel free to drop me a line at lee.brazil@ymail.com

2 comments:

Marketing Director said...

Thank you for hosting Lee Brazil today.
Marissa
Marketing Director at Breathless Press

Rawiya said...

Great article!

Congrats Lee on all the success