We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome Author DC Juris


    Where do you hail from? What do you love most about your hometown?  I'm from Lakeland, Florida originally. I didn't really care for my hometown, but I liked the restaurants, and the proximity to Disney. LOL
    As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career? All I ever wanted to be was a writer. I'm thrilled to have achieved that.
    What do you do for fun? Write. I like photography as well. Long drives to nowhere in particular. Flea markets and rummage sales.
    How has your environment/ upbringing colored your writing?  Most of my upbringing was dark, so I'm able to write a convincingly dark character but keep them likeable and relatable without being overly dramatic.
    Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it? I've just had a new release with Breathless Press, called "Buried Treasure." It's about finding love where you least expect it, and learning to let others in.
    How did you come up with the title for your book(s)? Truthfully I ask hubby for help a lot. But usually I get the title from a line in the book.
    Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work? I work in references to things that happened, but I try to stay away from "ripped from the headlines."
    How much of your work is real? How much is fantasy? ::grins:: Wouldn't you like to know! LOL But seriously - that's not a question I can answer in polite company.
    Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing? Not really. I find the whole process very smooth and relaxing, even when I'm working on edits for a deadline. For me, it's the realization of a dream, and I'm simply grateful to be along for the ride.
    What advice would you give to writers just starting out? Never stop writing. Find someone in the writing business who is willing to give you a critique before you submit your first work.
How did you deal with rejection letters? I read them, glean what information/advice I can from them, if there is any, and then delete or shred them. Seriously - life is too short to keep that kind of stuff around.
    What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers? A laptop or netbook - something portable, and a copy of Microsoft Word. Just spend the money - you'll be happy you did!
    Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content? I don't. J I've got a lot of works that will probably never see the light of day because of that. There's an audience for everything, and I don't think writing should be censored, even by the author.
    Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas? Not to get ideas - but I'll research for something I want to include a reference to.
    Which is your favorite of the books you have written? All of them - they're all different, and each one is special to  me for a different reason.
    What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research? ROFLMAO. Well, I don't know about weird, but I've spend a fair amount of money in the local "Dirty Book Store," and a fair amount of time watching ::ahem:: educational videos. :-P
    Where can we find you on the net? My website is www.dcjuris.com, I'm on facebook at www.facebook.com/dcjuris, and my blog is at http://dcjuris.blogspot.com
Where can we find out more about your books? My website is the best way.


Who Better than Canyon: When Canyon’s ex-lover, Robert, dies, he leaves behind a last request that Canyon take word of his passing to Simon, an old friend on the east coast. Canyon reluctantly agrees, and soon finds himself falling for Simon, despite the nagging belief he shouldn’t. Canyon is plagued by guilt over his part in the accident that claimed Robert’s life. But Simon knows something Canyon doesn’t: Robert’s death wasn’t an accident, but a suicide, and Robert’s intent was for the two men he left behind to come together. But Robert’s plan didn’t account for two things: Simon’s disbelief that anyone can truly love a soon-to-be-cripple, and Canyon’s staunch decision that the next man he gives himself to will give him a wedding ring first. Can Canyon and Simon set aside their own issues long enough to see what lies between them, or will they both miss out on their happily ever after?

2 comments:

Raven McAllan said...

DC you amaze me .. over and over.... and i am loving some of your stuff and admitting some is too much for me xx

DC Juris said...

Aww... thanks, Raven! Some of my stuff is pretty hardcore (at least I think it is lol) when it comes to the sex or even the emotional level. It's not for everyone, certainly, but I'm glad you're liking what you're liking! :-D (Sorry it took so long to comment back!)