We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome Author Holden Granger


    As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?
Every year while growing up I changed what I wanted to be. I went from the actor to marine biologist and everything in between. I still don’t know what I want to be! I’ve been a private investigator, an antique dealer, and owned several businesses in finance and real estate. Now I work in banking, write and serve as a board member for a non-profit. I think it all goes back to a restless spirit and a never-ending desire to try new things. All of which has made me a better writer.
    What do you do for fun?
These days I write for fun! When I’m not doing that, I might be SCUBA diving or riding my motorcycle. I love to travel, and I have been to Europe and India in recent years. Hopefully, my future will include trips to Africa and South America.
    Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
My latest book is The Strength to Submit, a story with a light BDSM theme. I was intrigued by my research in this area and tried to incorporate what I learned and experienced. My character Caitlyn, is based on my observation that often people who are strong and assertive in “real life” enjoy relinquishing some of that power and control in the bedroom. I wanted to tell a hot and entertaining story while creating characters that felt real and did justice to those who inspired me. I hope I have done that.
My next book, Amateur Night is due out September 2, 2011 from Breathless Press. I spent some time in the world of gentlemen’s clubs during my time as a private investigator. I have used a little of what I saw there to write a fun, erotic romance.
How much of your work is real? How much is fantasy?
All of what I write is real and all of it is fantasy. The fun of writing erotica for me is taking real life experience and turning it into a good story. In that way, real and fantasy are not opposites. It becomes like asking a sculptor how much of a statue is marble and how much is sculpture. The two complement each other. The best part is that if I haven’t done something, but want to write about it, I seek out that experience!

    Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
It is tricky to determine where to draw the line, particularly as it shifts according to the story. In the end I have to follow my own moral code. I won’t denigrate women, I won’t depict nonconsensual acts and I have no interest in anything best left in the toilet. Otherwise, when it comes to erotic content I try to keep it interesting while remaining realistic. I think the reader must be able to picture themselves in the scene.
   What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
You wouldn’t believe the things I’ve done! Everything I write I first try for myself. If you read my books, you’ll have a better idea! I need to thank my open-minded partners for their kind assistance.
    Where can we find out more about your books?
My publisher is Breathless Press, so their website is the best place to start. The Strength to Submit is out now, and Amateur Night is out September 2. I promise more will follow!


1 comment:

Marketing Director said...

Thank you for hosting Holden today. Great interview.
Marissa
Marketing Director with Breathless Press