We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Welcome Author W. Lynn Chantale




  • Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I hail from Flint, MI. Growing up I had a lot of fun and some really good memories of public transportation, Music in the Park, summer fairs and The Crim. Even though the city has experienced some hardships due to the automakers closing many of their factories. Flint still provides a wonderful backdrop for many of my stories. 
  • As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?
I wanted to own a restaurant and that led me to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts. During the training I learned how much I disliked cooking, but loved baking. Yes, there is a difference. The closest I came to achieving owning my own restaurant was being a cake decorator. Since then I’ve used my food experience in a few of my stories.
  • Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
My latest book is titled Seducing His Wife. It tells the story of Matthew and Sheridan Sinclair, a married couple struggling against heartbreak and betrayal in an effort to return to the love they once shared. 
Other items in the works are an erotic novella titled Breaking Delia’s Rules, about what happens when a commitment shy woman breaks her dating rules and Decadent Seconds about a woman who longs to be more than a live-in girlfriend.
  • Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?
I was able to use one event I’d seen on one of those home improvement channels. The story had something to do about a woman who’d turned an old bank into her home.
  • Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
Infusing the right level of emotion into a story has been particularly difficult for me. Thankfully I have some awesome critique partners who are not afraid to assist.
  • What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Learn all you can about the craft. Join a writers’ group and yes I would recommend RWA (Romance Writers of America). They are an excellent source of information, even if you don’t write romance. Take a workshop, find a critique group, but never stop writing.
  • Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?
Every now and then yes. At those times I’m typically stressed or overworked. So I’ll take a step away from the computer, go for a walk, or rock out in the garage with the kids.
  • Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life?
Picking a favorite author is like eating Lay’s Potato Chips, I can’t have just one. The book that probably influenced me the most was Charles Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities. I love the struggle, the intrigue, and the love story. I may not remember any other characters, but I definitely remember Charles Darnay and Madame DeFarge.
  • How did you deal with rejection letters?
After the first few I used to sulk and mope around. Now they’re just par for the course. I just dust off the submission and send it to the next publisher on the list.
  • What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?
Must haves, hmm a good dictionary, an even better thesaurus, and a group of people who understand what you’re going through.
  • Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
This is a hard one for me. I suppose it would depend on the book I’m writing and the tone I’m trying to set. I’d probably never describe anything like how to field dress an animal, uh eww. As far as erotic content, that would depend on what I’m comfortable writing.
  • What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
I can’t really say that I’ve done anything weird in the name of research. So that one we’ll save for when it actually happens, if it happens.
  • Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.
Twitter: @wlynnchantale
Buy Links:

Blurb for Seducing His Wife
Haunted by nightmares, Sheridan Sinclair just wants to get through one night without reliving the terrible accident that led to her miscarriage. And she longs for the arms of the man who betrayed her. Matthew Sinclair has always loved his wife, but when she refuses to speak to him after her accident, he's left to wonder what went wrong. When a stolen kiss ignites their forgotten passion, he'll use their love as a means to get her home and in his bed again. Will a husband’s plan of seduction be enough to heal a wife’s broken heart?

9 comments:

wlynnchantale said...

Hi Bryanna. Thanks so much for hosting me today. I brought brownies to share.

Liz said...

rejection "letters" ? what sort of old fashioned device are those? ! lol GREAT post dear. thanks for sharing.. good luck with your releases.
Liz

wlynnchantale said...

LOL. Torture devices. Thanks Liz for stopping by.

Jill James said...

Love the interview. The blurb makes the story sound so sweet. Men forget just because they have a woman doesn't mean they can stop seducing her from time to time.

wlynnchantale said...

Thanks Jill. That is so true.

Misty Dietz said...

Hi Lynn, The next time someone asks you the weirdest thing you've done in the name of research, I want you to make something really juicy up! lol. :) Best of luck on all your releases!

wlynnchantale said...

Hi Misty. :-D too funny. Next time ! I will. Thanks for dropping by!

Kathy Bennett said...

Hi Lynn;

As for stories 'ripped from the headlines,' I think I saw that same show!

However, if I'd written the story, I'd have someone getting shot in the bank! ;-)

Great interview!

wlynnchantale said...

Hi Kathy, *grins* someone sorta did, but I didn't show it. Thanks.