We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog Tour - Casea Major

Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?

I was born and raised in Dallas.  My family is here and all my friends. I can't imagine living anywhere else.  I love the professional sports teams, the southern hospitality and Tex-Mex food – not necessarily in that order. Go Rangers!

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?

I wanted to be a soap opera actress but that failing I wanted to write soap operas.  In a way I think that is what I do now.And it is way more fun than I ever imagined.
It's like when you played with Barbie as a kid.  You could place her, pose her, make or say or do anything you wanted.  Now I get to do that in my head and on paper. LOL

Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
My latest book One Knight in Brooklyn is the 42nd in the 1-Night Stand Series from Decadent Publishing. If you like quick steamy reads 1NS is for you. All the stories are based around the exclusive matching agency run by the mysterious Madame Eve.

1NS is such a great concept the stories are reasonably priced, fun and can be read in one sitting. But just because they are short doesn't mean they don't pack in action and lots of romance.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

For writers just starting out the best advice I can give is get in a good critique group.  Critiquing other people's work is the number one reason for my rapid growth as a writer. Find a local chapter or an online group but having support in this industry is important.  So much of what we do – we do alone.

Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

I don't typically suffer from writer's block because I have so many ideas swirling around but there are times I find it challenging to complete a work I've started. But I can always find something to write about.  If not, then I critique other people's work.  That usually primes the pump and helps me focus.

How did you deal with rejection letters?
      I have only ever gotten one rejection letter.  I deleted it.

Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?

In most of my stories there is very limited gory descriptions just because I hate physical pain.  I do, however love to put my characters through the emotional ringer.  Can a scene be 'too erotic'?  As long as the sex scene furthers the story with the characters goals and conflicts and as long as the descriptions are new and exciting, I'm good with them. Spicy is always good!

What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?

I was involved in an online chat with two BDSM Masters.  That was…interesting and actually very informative.

One Night in Brooklyn
by Casea Major
Blurb:  After signing up for a one-night stand through an exclusive matching agency, hopeless romantic Marianne Caldwell is swept away to a medieval land where she hopes to spend the night with a worthy man of honor.

Unsure of how she got from the Castillo Hotel in Las Vegas to a castle in the English countryside, Mare finds Robert, whose stunning physique and winning smile immediately convince her he's the Robin Hood she's been seeking.  But despite his efforts in saving her from a corrupt sheriff, his Jersey Shore accent and coarse ways unravel her romantic visions.

With her fairytale fantasies coming unhinged, Mare must decide if Robert is just a crass car salesman from Brooklyn or the chivalrous knight she's looking for.


1 comment:

MDOBSON said...

Thank you for hosting Casea today. I just love the cover for this book.