We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Welcome Author Catherine Bybee


·         Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?

I grew up in Washington State and moved to So. California right after High School. Of all the things I miss, it's the rain I miss the most. *sigh*

·         As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?

I was going to be an actress. I moved to California in pursuit of that dream. Outside of College, I never made it on stage, but in truth I didn't try very hard. I actually have grown accustomed to eating on a regular basis and the paycheck of a starving actor didn't appeal to me. How has affected my career? Well, my day job is a nurse. There couldn't be two different jobs in the world. As for my writing career… well, I create characters and settings and get to play out (on paper) their emotions and drama. So in a way, I get the same feeling of escape that I used to obtain while on stage.


·         Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

Wife by Wednesday is my first straight contemporary romance. I grew up reading about rich men and the women they loved. But the heroines I remember were always such whiney, wimpy women who couldn't help themselves. I don't think Samantha falls into this category of women.

I'm also working on a 4th book in my time travel series, Highland Shifter, and hope to have it out next year.

·         Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?

Life is much more entertaining than fiction, but alas… no, I've not 'ripped from a headline'. I have pictured a day in the life of an ER nurse when writing a scene before. If you've read any of my previous books, you'll read scenes from an ER in many of them. That's about as close to reality as I get.

·         What advice would you give to writers just starting out?

Writers write. If you spend all day long 'talking' about writing a book, you'll never do it. And when you do finish said manuscript, get to work on the next one.

·         How did you deal with rejection letters?

Depends on how long the manuscript has been with a publisher. I kind of expect a rejection with a reason if my work has been with an editor for months. With any luck, said rejection will give me a clue as to what that publisher is looking for in the future so I know what to send them. It's just one opinion and every author needs to remember that.

·         What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?

Coffee and Chocolate.

·         Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?

Is there a line? I didn't hear anything about a line!

·         What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?

Oh, now that's just way to personal a question!
·         Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/catherinebybee
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Catherine-Bybee-Romance-Author/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2905789.Catherine_Bybee
Catherine's Blog: http://catherinebybee.blogspot.com/
Visit Catherine at www.catherinebybee.com

Wife by Wednesday Available at:
Amazon - http://amzn.to/pus1jM
Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/94015
Barnes & Noble -A Contemporary Romance with a dash of humor and a whole lotta sexy…

Blake Harrison:
Rich, titled, and charming… And in need of a wife by Wednesday so he turns to Sam Elliot who isn’t the business man he expected. Instead, Blake is faced with Samantha Elliot, engaging and spunky with a voice men call 900 numbers to hear.

Samantha Elliot:
Owner of Alliance , her matchmaking firm, and not on the marital menu... That is until Blake offers her ten million dollars for a one-year contract. All she needs to do is keep her attraction to her husband to herself and avoid his bed. But Blake’s toe-curling kisses and charm prove too difficult to combat. Now she needs to protect her heart so she can walk away when their mercenary life together is over.

Catherine Bybee is known for her time travel / paranormal romance books. Wife by Wednesday is her first straight contemporary with more in the loop coming. This is Indie Published with 4.5 and 5 star reviews already coming in.
Award Winning Author for Silent Vows Paranormal Category of the More than Magic 2011 contest
Amazon Bestseller in Time Travel/Historical/Fantasy-Ghost (All MacCoinnich Time Travel Books) + Anthology's (Soul Mate)
ARe- Bestseller (Soul Mate - Kilt Worthy)
Fictionwise Bestseller (Soul Mate)


No comments: