We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome Author Sarah Grimm

Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I was born in Wisconsin, and spent a few wonderful years in St. Louis, Missouri before my family moved back to Michigan, where my parents are originally from. I live in a small town nestled along the shores of Lake Michigan with my husband and two sons. It’s beautiful here—the rivers and lakes, sand dunes and trees. We get to experience all four seasons, which a lot of places don’t get to do, and although I’m not a fan of winter, it is picturesque.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

Had you asked Sarah Grimm, the young girl, what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have given a different answer every time. My dream changed like the blowing of the wind through the trees, or with whatever story I was reading. Then, I picked up my first romance novel and ohmyGod! I’d always loved to read, and suddenly I had discovered a whole new world. A world I could get lost in, where no matter how impossible the odds, a happily-ever-after always waited. Let me tell you, for a die-hard romantic, this was nirvana! From that moment on, whenever I was asked, I answered: “I want to get married, have children and write romances.”
I’m thrilled to be able to say that I’ve done all three.

What do you do for fun?

I love cars, especially classic cars. I love speed—I have a ‘lead foot’. Combine the two, classic cars and speed, and I’m in heaven. There’s just something about the rumble of a well-tuned engine. My idea of fun is going to the drag strip with my husband…the smell of burning rubber, the roar of the cars racing down the quarter mile strip at speeds that boggle the mind…Yeah, that does it for me. And my husband? He’s not the only one allowed to take his truck down the track!


Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

She wants to forget her past. 
He wants to reclaim his.
Sometimes the moment that changes everything comes After Midnight.


Here is the official blurb:

Thirteen years—that's how long Isabeau Montgomery has been living a lie. After an automobile accident took her mother's life, Izzy hid herself away, surviving the only way she knew how. Now she is happy in her carefully reconstructed life. That is until he walks through the door of her bar...

Black Phoenix singer/front man Noah Clark came to Long Island City with a goal--one that doesn't include an instant, electric attraction to the dark-haired beauty behind the bar. Coaxing her into his bed won't be easy, but he can't get her pale, haunted eyes nor her skill on the piano out of his head.

Can Noah help Isabeau overcome the past? Or will her need to protect her secret force her back into hiding and destroy their chance at happiness?
While writing After Midnight, one of the secondary characters kept telling me he needed his own story so I’m writing that one now.

Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

Writer’s block for me is when my characters stop talking to me. When that happens, I pull one of the many books off my TBR shelf and lose myself in a world of someone else’s creating. Usually about half way through the book, my characters begin talking again. By the time I finish reading, they’re screaming at me to get back to their story.

How much of your work is real and how much is fantasy?
Everything I write is fantasy. I don’t include people I know in my books, and I don’t use contemporary events. While I love reading stories ‘ripped from the headlines’, it’s not how I write.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?

Conflict has always been the most difficult thing for me to write. I’m a romantic. I want my characters to get together, to discover how great love is and live happily-ever-after. So creating conflict, or in essence keeping them apart, is difficult for me.


Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
While none of my books has included a lot of gore, I wouldn’t shy away from it if one did. As for erotic content, I think it all depends on the story. When a story calls for more explicit scenes, that’s what I give it. For example, in After Midnight, the electricity between Noah and Izzy is there from page one, so when they finally make it to the bedroom…hot, hot, hot! 

Which is your favorite of the books you have written?
Definitely After Midnight. Every author I’ve ever spoke with has one story they truly believe is THE story of their heart and After Midnight is mine. Isabeau Montgomery is the owner of Izzy’s Bar, a child prodigy, piano phenom—a woman who is hiding behind a lie of her own making. She’s just so very tortured, her past so full of tragedy… She deserves a happy ending and Noah is just the man to share it with her.

Where can we find you on the net?     

4 comments:

Susan Macatee said...

This sounds like a great story, Sarah! Best of luck with it!

I do the same as you when I feel stuck. Reading books I wished I'd have written always get me back in the mood to tackle my own story and characters.

Autumn Jordon said...

Great reading more about you, Sarah. I feel about baseball and fottball that you do about cars--although I do love classic Mustangs.

Sarah Grimm said...

Susan-

Thanks for visiting! Reading has a way of stirring the creative juices, doesn't it? :-)

Sarah Grimm said...

Autumn-

We've never been a big sports family. Now cars...1969 Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' is my favorite. Vrrrmm!