We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, October 10, 2011

Welcome Author W. Lynn Chantale



      Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I hail from Flint, MI. Growing up I had a lot of fun and some really good memories of public transportation, Music in the Park, summer fairs and The Crim. Even though the city has experienced some hardships due to the automakers closing many of their factories. Flint still provides a wonderful backdrop for many of my stories.

      As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?
I wanted to own a restaurant and that led me to pursue a degree in Culinary Arts. During the training I learned how much I disliked cooking, but loved baking. Yes, there is a difference.
Working in the restaurant industry is almost like being a writer. The hours are long and grueling. It’s often a thankless job or more complaints (rejections) are received than gratitude and one has to contend with multiple personalities (darn those voices).
My last voyage into the 9 to 5 world, I was a cake decorator. The position gave me plenty of time to think and I loved the solitude until I cut my finger. Then I was out for four months. So now I’m taking advantage of being an author full-time.

      Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
My latest book is Breaking Delia’s Rules. I just love this story. This is my first erotic romance, and I had a hard time wrapping up Jace and Delia’s story. Quick Blurb; Five days, three rules, and one sizzling seduction.
Delia has just three rules for dating. First, a man should never assume he’s the only one. Second, he must stick to his scheduled day and time. Third—and most important—no sex. Enforcing the rules has never been a problem until she meets the hottie from the pool.
Jace has only five days to make every moment count. The more time he spends with Delia, the more he realizes she may be The One. With the clock ticking, he realizes there is only one course of action left to take if he wants Delia’s heart. Can he convince Delia that rules are meant to be broken?

Other items I have in the works are two short stories, Decadent Seconds and Mistletoe Mambo.
      Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
Infusing the right level of emotion into a story has been particularly difficult for me. I’m one of those authors who like to write in third person omniscient POV otherwise known as head-hopping. So having to limit the focus to what my hero’s or heroine’s think or feel has been a challenge  Thankfully I have some awesome critique partners who are not afraid to assist.

      What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Learn all you can about the craft. Join a writers’ group and yes I would recommend RWA (Romance Writers of America). They are an excellent source of information, even if you don’t write romance. And you can visit my blog.  http://wlynnchantale-decadentdecisions.blogspot.com/ There are several articles regarding characterization, emotional impact, etc. I’m taking notes so I can be a better writer. Just because I came and saw doesn’t mean I conquered. Writing is a constant learning process. 

      Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?
Every now and then yes. At those times I’m typically stressed or overworked. So I’ll take a step away from the computer, go for a walk, or rock out in the garage with the kids.

      How did you deal with rejection letters?
After the first few I used to sulk and mope around. Now they’re just par for the course. I just dust off the submission and send it to the next publisher on the list.

      What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?
Must have Chocolate to indulge the Muse. And my hubby ate my last caramel filled chocolate bar last night.  On a practical note a good dictionary, an even better thesaurus, and a group of people who understand what you’re going through.
      Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
This is a hard one for me. I suppose it would depend on the book I’m writing and the tone I’m trying to set. I’d probably never describe anything like how to field dress an animal, uh eww. As far as erotic content, that would depend on what I’m comfortable writing.

      What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
I don’t know if it would be considered weird, but visiting adult toys stores is always informative. I’m intrigued at the way they portray or display their merchandise. These stores sell the same thing but one will portray their products as sensual couple time while another is a little more hard core.
Also acting out a scene or two has helped get the “feel” for what my characters would experience. The hubby doesn’t mind research. *winks*

      Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/W.LynnChantaleAuthor
Haunted by nightmares, Sheridan Sinclair just wants to get through one night without reliving the terrible accident that led to her miscarriage. And she longs for the arms of the man who betrayed her. Matthew Sinclair has always loved his wife, but when she refuses to speak to him after her accident, he's left to wonder what went wrong. When a stolen kiss ignites their forgotten passion, he'll use their love as a means to get her home and in his bed again. Will a husband’s plan of seduction be enough to heal a wife’s broken heart?

Delia has just three rules for dating. First, a man should never assume he’s the only one. Second, he must stick to his day and time. Third, and most important, no sex. Following the rules has never been a problem until she meets the hottie from the pool.
Jace has only days to make every moment count, but the more time he spends with Delia, the more he realizes she may be the one. With the cruise winding down and their attraction growing, there’s only one course of action left to take. Can he convince Delia that rules are meant to be broken?
Releasing: October 7, 2011

Bio: W. Lynn Chantale resides in southeastern Michigan. Married to her high school sweetheart, they’ve been together for the last twenty years, and have three children. She has a mad affinity for milk chocolate, preferably Dove chocolate truffles or the caramel-filled squares (Godiva is acceptable), and plays the bass guitar when the Muse begs for a bit of distraction.
She’s also a member of Romance Writers of America as well Greater Detroit Romance Writers of America, Passionate Ink and Kiss of Death groups. She has one release, Seducing His Wife and a short story, Decadent Seconds under contract with Whispers Publishing. Also look for Breaking Delia’s Rules, from Breathless Press.

6 comments:

MDOBSON said...

Thanks for hosting W. Lynn Chantale today. Great interview.

wlynnchantale said...

Thanks so much for hosting me today.

Kiru Taye said...

Great interview and I love the blurbs too. Congratulations on your latest book release, W.Lynn.

AJ Nuest said...

Great interview, Lynne! Yes, yes! My Muse is ALWAYS screaming for chocolate. Gotta have it or I just can't write. Your stories are absolutely scrumptious, and I can't wait to read what else you've got in store for us! Hugs my dear friend and congrats on your recent releases!!

wlynnchantale said...

HI Kiru Thanks for stopping by.

wlynnchantale said...

Aww AJ. Thanks. You keep me encouraged when I want to quit. I got a bag of Nestle Crunches for my new WIP. Thanks for stopping by.