We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Welcome Author Diane Alberts

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?

I wanted to be a romance writer! Ever since I read my first romance book at the age of 12, I’ve been in love with the genre. By age 17, I decided I couldn’t possibly ever finish a book, so I decided maybe I would become an editor.

That didn’t pan out (I can never remember when to use lay or lie!), and finally at the age of 26, I wrote my first full length novel. Since then, I’ve penned three more stories, including Kill Me Tomorrow.

Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

Kill Me Tomorrow is a story about two paranormal creatures that should hate each other, but can’t keep their hands to themselves.

Jasmine is a jinn—a creature that is passionate and loyal to a fault. She is half-human/half-angel, and her duty is to rid the world of demons. She battles them to the death daily—but can’t seem to find a man who can make her feel anything in the sack.

Enter Gavin. As a demi-sanguine (half-human/half-demon), he should be her enemy, but he makes her feel things she’s never even thought were possible. She should kill him right on the spot, but finds herself succumbing to his charm and insane level of hotness.

Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?

Yes, I have! I story I have submitted to the publisher as we speak has the Cartel in it, and a lot of the stories I mention in it are inspired by them.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Take a few self-editing courses. Search for a critique partner who’s not afraid to rip your manuscript to shreds. Don’t be upset when said partner returns the manuscript in shreds. Edit, edit, edit! Take a break, edit some more. Then, and only then, submit away to your heart’s content. Then, start all over again with another book.
Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

My most inspirational thing I can do when suffering from writer’s block is to stare at the cursor blinking at me on an empty page. If that fails, then I read a book by a fabulous author. Being immersed in a book helps get my creative juices flowing in turn.

How did you deal with rejection letters?

I’d get upset, obviously. Who wouldn’t, right? But sometimes, with said rejection, comes a bit of advice on your work. Or a tip for how to make it shine. If not for the help of a few kind rejection letters, I may never have gotten my first book, Reclaimed, to be accepted. Every rejection made my story better. Every bit of advice made me improve my manuscript. Until, eventually, I got the wonderful contract offer in my inbox.
What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
Searching out Cartel killers, and also researching how people slit throats. Not an experience I plan on repeating, but I needed to be able to describe it to perfection.
Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.
Kill Me Tomorrow is a paranormal romance book, in Decadent Publishing’s fabulous 1Night Stand series. The series revolves around the enigmatic Madame Eve who always seems to be able to find the perfect match for that special someone.

Blurb:
Jasmine Baruch is a jinn-a supernatural being who fights demons with fire. While that’s difficult enough, she’s got bigger problems. She’s a virgin, and in the jinn culture, that is sheer blasphemy. Jinn are supposed to be passionate, promiscuous creatures-everything she isn’t. Due to marry the next day, she takes matters into her own hands by using 1NS. But, like the rest of her life, nothing is easy. The man chosen for her, though incredibly gorgeous, is a demi-sanguine; a half-human, half-demon-her enemy.

Gavin Werbato is looking for an easy night of sex. Nothing more, nothing less. Instead, he gets a gorgeous jinn convinced it is her duty to kill him. He can certainly think of better things to do with her soft hands than murder. He need only convince her of that…

Can the fire sparked when these beings collide be controlled, or will it consume their world as they know it?


Jasmine Baruch is a jinn-a supernatural being who fights demons with fire. While that's difficult enough, she's  got bigger problems. She's a virgin, and in the jinn culture, that is sheer blasphemy. Jinn are supposed to be passionate, promiscuous creatures-everything she isn't. Due to marry the next day, she takes matters into her own hands by using 1NS. But, like the rest of her life, nothing is easy. The man chosen for her, though incredibly gorgeous, is a demi-sanguine; a half-human, half-demon-her enemy. 

Gavin Werbato is looking for an easy night of sex. Nothing more, nothing less. Instead, he gets a gorgeous jinnconvinced it is her duty to kill him. He can certainly think of better things to do with her soft hands than murder. He need only convince her of that...         
Can the fire sparked when these beings collide be controlled, or will it consume their world as they know it?         


Bio:  Diane Alberts lives inNortheast Pennsylvania with her husband, four kids, and a bird. She lives inthe mountains-but wishes it were the beach. She has been writing since she wasin elementary school, but only recently fulfilled her dreams of being publishedin 2011. Enjoys dyeing yarn and knitting in her "spare" time.
  

No comments: