We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome Author Lindsay Ann Kendals


If you know you have a good story to tell, no matter how long it take, don’t give up.
Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I’m from Droylsden, Manchester in the UK. Manchester is a great place, full of life. There is something for everyone, not matter what your tastes. Whether if you want busy or quiet, shopping, or just somewhere to relax and hang out with friends, there are a number of places you can go.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?
I changed my mind so many times, that half the things I said wanted to do, I can no longer remember. I do remember wanting to be a vet, and then a computer technician. By the end of school, I wanted to go into interior design.
Other things happened in my life though, and I never pursued it. However, I do still think about it, and the main character in my book, Keira, is an interior designer.

Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
Bloodlines was previously published in the UK last year, but sadly and for reasons I can’t really discuss, I had them cancel my contract. A much better version of the story has now been released by World Castle Publishing.
Bloodlines is the first in a trilogy of novels and was released officially on Sept 15th. It is classed as a young adult, urban fantasy. The story follows Keira and her friend Lily as they try to find out more about Keira’s past, and the mysterious power she has inside her. She meets others like her and learns how their ancestors were once closely connected. But her discoveries change how Keira will see herself forever more, and she is dragged into something (I can’t say what) that she never for one minute imagined could actually exist. Keira must now face unknown enemies and her own fears. Through loss and love her destiny becomes inescapable.
In this trilogy you will find witchcraft, demonology, and two favorite fantasy characters, Lilith and Lucifer. There are twists and turns and two books end with what I personally think are pretty good cliffhangers.
The second in the series, ‘Torment’, is being released on November 1st, and hopefully the third, ‘Revelations’, will be released January 1st 2012. I’m also working on another two-part series, the first, entitled ‘Leticia’ will be available soon.

How did you deal with rejection letters?
At first I admit, I took it rather personal, I was a novice and didn’t know what to make of any of it. But after a while and I just thought, ‘never mind, send out some more letters’. It didn’t get to me after that. I believe for every no you receive, the closer you are to getting that ‘yes’.

Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
It varies I think, dependant on the age category your book is aimed at. The ones I’ve written up to now are YA, so I don’t think it’s right to have explicit details in them. I wouldn’t want my kids in the future, at the age of 14 or 15, to be reading explicit erotica. I also think that sometimes, things should be left to the readers imagination. Everyone likes different things, so let them imagine what they like personally.
Where gore is concerned, I’ll explain how characters get attacked, whether they are bleeding or not, but not in extreme detail. Gore isn’t for everyone, so again, tell them the basics and let their imaginations do the rest.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
I absolutely hate two things in particular.
The first is when I get this great idea and yet when I try and write it, no matter how hard I try, I cannot put it into words. It drives me crazy and normally results in some strong language escaping my lips.

The second is also when I have a great idea come me, and then, by the time I get chance to write it… I’ve forgotten it. These days I carry a little note pad and pen around with me everywhere I go, just in case.


What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Don’t give up, always follow your heart and dreams. Don’t let rejections knock your confidence, always pick yourself up and stay driven.
Also, be sure to research the publishers before you approach them. Never pay to have your book published. I did that, and lost a hell of a lot of money. If they ask you to pay, run in the other direction.

My Links are as follows.



Bloodlines Blurb
Keira Jameson used to lead a normal life, she just had a gift, passed down through the generations of her family.

Now, after hearing voices, having strange dreams of others calling out to her, and her grandfather's last words haunting her, she sets out to find other families like hers. Along with her best friend Lily, the only person outside her family to know about her gift, Keira begins a hunt for her ancestors. A chance meeting with a young man, Lucian Turner, sets them on the right track, but their discoveries change the way Keira will see herself for ever more.

Fear, superstition and heritage are shaping Keira's future and she must face her enemies, even if this could mean losing her life.

Through loss and love her destiny becomes inescapable.

Torment Blurb
Keira has been through Hell, literally..... But now she’s back, and stronger than ever!

In this second gripping installment of the Bloodlines trilogy Keira and her friends – Lily, Lucian, Tyler, Jake and Danny – continue to try and understand their elemental powers, and protect themselves from their enemies, whose ultimate goal is to destroy them.

This time, the stakes are higher – what seems to be a demon rebellion has broken out in hell and the Earth is plunged into chaos. Their problem is, no one – not even Lucifer himself – knows who the rebel leader is. It seems only Keira, her frightened but determined friends, and a new ally – a demon named Eligos - can find out who this person or thing is, why they are suddenly causing so much bloodshed, pain and upset for everyone, and destroy them.

Bloody awesome battles, amazing feats of magic, and a stronger-than-death passion, make for an intoxicating, unforgettable read in this powerfully imagined fantasy...

Bio:  I have lived in Droylsden, Manchester, all my life. I live with my parents and my younger sister, Cheryl. I never knew what I wanted to do with my life until I began writing. This is my dream. 
I get most of my inspiration from music, I’ll sit there listening to it and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like videos in my mind, then I go and write them down.
I’m a very dark person, I love anything spooky, supernatural, or unexplainable, and so that’s the genre I want to write in for the rest of my life. I love watching scary films, although I find it very hard to find one these days that actually frighten me.





No comments: