We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Welcome Author Lisa Sanchez

  • Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?- I live in Tracy, California. I love that my city is centrally located. We're an hour away from three major cities, Sacramento, San Francisco and San Jose. There's always something to do!
  • As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?- I've always wanted to write. I wrote creatively as a child, and my mother, bless her, fostered that creative spark.
  • Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?- My latest work is an erotic suspense titled, Obsessed.It's the story of a broken hero who has lost everything, and the equally broken heroine who he rescues from the hands of a rapist. A string of unfortunate and seriously creep events continue to thrust them together and they form an unbreakable bond. It's very sexy, lol!
  • Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?-Well, my husband is a police officer, so while I don't necessarily use "real life" events, I do use some of the situations he's relayed to me in my work.
  • Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing? Finding the time to write, lol! This year has been particularly challenging. Seems like I'm always on the run with my girls, and it's work to find a few spare minutes to sit down and create.
  • What advice would you give to writers just starting out?- Be patient and persistent. You'll receive a lot of "no's" but you can't let that stop you. Even published authors receive rejections. I have!
  • Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it? I wouldn't call it writer's block. When real life gets in the way, I simply can't produce anything I'm happy with. Once I deal with whatever is going on, my muse kicks back in and all is well.
  • Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life? My favorite author is J.R. Ward. Hands down, she's the best, in my opinion. Her voice, her pacing, her amazing characterization...I could go on and on, lol.
  • How did you deal with rejection letters?- I cried. Still do, lol. But after a day or so, I get over it and let my determination fuel me. I'm often filled with an "I'll show them" type of attitude, and I write, and write, and write. Persistence, people. It pays off. Truly.
  • What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?- If, by tools you mean certain programs or computers, I don't have any to recommend. The only tool you need is your brain and a good attitude. You write because you love it. Doesn't matter how the words get on the page. 
  • Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content? Hmm....lol! Well, I'm pretty squeamish, so you won't see anything too gross in my books as far as gore is concerned. As far as erotic elements...well, that's an entirely different story. I like my books hot. I definitely push the line from regular romance to more erotic romance. I want to know what happens behind closed doors!
  • Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.- You can find me at my website at- http://www.lisasanchezromanceauthor.comFacebook-https://www.facebook.com/LisaSanchezRomanceAuthor
  • Twitter-http://twitter.com/#!/LisaSanchez3
  • Goodreads-http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4028407.Lisa_Sanchez
  • I also recently started a Youtube channel where I talk about books and various other things. http://www.youtube.com/user/LisaSanchez3?feature=mhee
Thanks!

No comments: