We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog Tour - Embraced by Rebecca Royce

Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I was born in New York City. We moved when I was a year old to the suburbs and, even though I never would have believed it as a child, I am back living in the same town, around the corner from my parents, raising my kids here.  I detoured briefly living in Pennsylvania and Louisiana. 

I love the school district. I love the smallness of it.  I love that kids can still ride their bikes here.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?
I wanted to be a princess. That isn’t a joke. LOL. But, I think I was a creative child and that’s obviously leant itself to my career.

Tell us about your latest book.  Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
Embraced is the second book in The Conditioned series.  It continues the world created in Eye Contact, which was the first book in the series. 
Here is the blurb:

Benedicte Lavelle is a single father raising two small daughters. When his neighbors put him in charge of handling the haunting that plagues their neighborhood, he has no choice but to use disreputable means in order to bring in a Conditioned ghost hunter to help with their problem. He doesn’t expect to be drawn to the young woman who arrives at his house in chains. He doesn’t expect to have his entire life thrown into upheaval when she is snatched away.



Conditioned prisoner Seven-Two-Four has never had a name. She cannot read, and is scheduled to die as soon as she is returned to the Institution. The Conditioned are not considered human, but Seven can see ghost energy and she can love Ben like no one ever has before.



When fate takes Seven from Ben’s arms, can he move on and find a new purpose in life or will he be forever trapped by the need to rescue those like his lost love? 


Right now, I am writing a book that I hope will be part of the 1NS series with Decadent Publishing.

Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?
The entire Conditioned series is somewhat ripped from the headlines and from history with a paranormal twist.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
Writing is always challenging. If its not then you are doing something wrong.

What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Write every day. If you want it to be your job, treat it like it is.

Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?
Every once in a while I have a rough patch.  Then I either try to write something else or I read something to move myself through it.

Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life?
Nalini Singh makes me want to be a better writer. I love everything she writes.

How did you deal with rejection letters?
You take a deep breath, eat something bad for you, and keep writing.

What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?
A good computer, a good chair, and an active imagination.

Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
I don’t know that I do.  If the story calls for it, I go for it.

What's the weirdest thing you've ever done in the name of research?
I spent some time in the Mote Museum staring at a preserved Giant Squid.

Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.

No comments: