We Are Moving!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome Author Linda Kage

Where do you hail from and what do you love most about your hometown?
I grew up on a farm in Southeast Kansas.  The nearest town was about ten miles away and only has a population of around 500 people. Today, my husband and I live in a house we built about half a mile north of my parents' place, so I didn't land too far from home. I like how the area has the Cheers effect where everyone knows your name. You can also walk outside in your underwear and be pretty much guarenteed no one will drive by to see you (not that I do that, of course)!!
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your career?
When I was young, I wanted to be an author (crazy, I know!!), or a librarian...or an artist.  I still suck at art, but I finally have a few of my stories published and I work in an academic library, so GO ME, I guess!!!  Two out of three ain't too bad.
Tell us about your latest book. Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
I have a couple stories coming out soon. 
The Right to Remain Mine is my latest.  It released last week from Champagne Books.  I love how the two main characters are so strong-willed and determined. 
This week, my story A Man for Mia is supposed to re-release from Thorndike Press in large print.  My first large print story; I'm super stoked! 
Then in March, The Best Mistake will release from The Wild Rose Press.  It's my first short story.  I had so much fun writing it, I smile every time I think about the hilarious heroine, Deri. 
In Septemer, my second YA romance, The Color of Grace, will release from Whiskey Creek Press.  My family says YA stories are my niche, so I'm really excited about this story as well!

Have you ever used contemporary events or stories “ripped from the headlines” in your work?
I'm sure I have, but I can't think up a specific example.  Everything I see, hear, read, whatever, seems to go into a little idea queue in the back of my head to be pulled out and used whenever I need it.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
Making all parts of the story come together to form a uniform tale is the most challenging part for me.  I don't write in chronological order.  I write scenes as they come to me.  Piecing those scenes together and making them flow as one is my big challenge.
What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
If you love it, then don't give up. You might not reach every goal you set, and you certainly won't do it as fast as you would like to, but if you keep at it, you will find some success.  JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?
Yep, I suffer.  Just digging it and writing--and allowing myself to write badly--is the biggest way to get over a lack in muse.  The more I write--whether it's garbage or not--the more my muse will wake up and the faster my block will go away.  Sometimes, I'll re-read what I've already written, which can perk me back to the write (or "right"!) mode.
Who is your favorite author and why? What books have most influenced your life?
I do not have just one favorie author. Who does!! But I do go through author phases.  Last year, I had to read everything Eve Langlais I could get my hands on.  Before that, it was Sherilynn Kenyon, Gena Showalter, Elizabeth Hoyt.  Before that, it was Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch.  Before them, came Suzanne Brockmann.  I think I started my crazy author phases with Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood, and LaVeryle Spencer.  All amazing, talented ladies!
How did you deal with rejection letters?
Did?!  I still deal with them.  Anyway, I eat, cry, moan to my poor husband, cry, eat some more, demand chocolate and dinner out, cry again. Feel sorry for myself. Then re-write and submit to someone else, or to the same publisher if they wanted to see revisions!
Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content?
On my YA stories, there is no cursing harsher than damn, and no heavy sensuality beyond kissing.  I can be a bit more very-open-door desciptive in my adult romance stories, but they're still not erotic.  I'm not really into blood and guts, so there shouldn't be that kind of gore anywhere. 
Don't forget to give us links to your website etc.
My links!
Amazon Author Page - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003ILJHKM 
Information about my two latest releases:
The Best Mistake - Contemporary Romance Novella - Release Date is March 14, 2012 - from The Wild Rose Press.
Blurb : Deri "The Mistake" Crandall wants nothing more than the love and acceptance from a family. After her mother dies, she finally discovers who her father is—except he and his family aren't exactly everything she's dreamed of. Not about to let a little thing like that bother her, she strives her hardest to fit in. Though honest to a fault, she even lies to gain their affection. But who could have predicted the one man with whom she immediately clicks is the very millionaire her grandfather orders her to betray?

Cole Harrety’s life is all about work and ignoring play, until a petite, curvy bundle of quirky woman literally tumbles into his lap. From the moment he loses a staring contest with her, he knows Deri is exactly what's been missing from his mundane life and no other woman will ever compete with her.





With a web of deception already woven, can their new bond survive a shattered trust?



The Right to Remain Mine - Contemporary Romance Novel - Release Date is February 6, 2012 - from Champagne Books.
Blurb : You have the right to remain cherished. Anything you read or scream out in ecstasy can and will be used against you in the bedroom of Willow DeVane. You have the right to enjoy a big, sexy cop. If you can’t find your own, one by the name of Raith Malloy will be provided for you to enjoy and explore thoroughly within these pages.

Tempers flare from the first moment divorce lawyer Willow DeVane crosses paths with sheriff deputy Raith Malloy. Both too stubborn and controlling for their own good, Willow and Raith butt heads until anger turns to passion, and they begin an affair despite their brewing hostilities. But more than one force works against them when they learn Willow’s being targeted by a dangerous stalker.  



4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's my biggest thing too--allowing myself to write bad, getting anything down at first.
Great interview and congrats on your new release!!

Linda Kage said...

Hi Jennifer! Yeah, you can always go back to fix bad writing. You can fix a blank page of no writing quite as easily!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Carol Kilgore said...

My first drafts suck. I think writing out of order and not knowing where the scene would go would really freak me out.

Marie Rose Dufour said...

Great interview. Good luck with the new release. Hoping you have bunches and bunches of sales!!